Kodachrome: worth a look

Old July 6th 09, 11:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default Kodachrome: worth a look

ColinD wrote,on my timestamp of 4/07/2009 9:30 AM:

Very good, Noons, very good.

Ah well: after being working since Friday night, I got to let out steam somehow, no?
¦B)

Your rejoinders are almost up to the wit
of a retarded ten-year-old.

Now, now: "wit" is too long a word for you...

When are you gonna say your father's bigger
than my father?

I didn't say it. But apparently your mum yelled it out loud.

Oh, sorry, I forgot you were hatched, weren't you?

Cloned. Hatched is soooooo last millenium...
Old July 6th 09, 11:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Bill Graham wrote,on my timestamp of 4/07/2009 5:10 AM:

One adjective that should NEVER be used in all these discussions is:

"clean"

It is a subliminal marketing word designed to elicit the same response
as in detergent advertising, exploiting the natural human rejection of
"dirty".

It has absolutely no meaning whatsoever in the context of sound or
imaging.

Pure marketing.

Perhaps, but I use the word to mean, "relatively noise free". In the

Yeah, but noise is not "dirt". And neither is noise present in film imaging.
Perhaps grain and other effects. But not noise. Instead, it is present in
digital imaging, perhaps paradoxically?

case of a record, needle scratch is usually the problem, and with tape,
it was tape hiss. I have heard systems that had neither, or at least,
the scratch or hiss was virtually inaudible. With some program types,
there is other noise that is difficult to squelch......

I'd call it extraneous noise: noise not associated with the original signal. But
that is really academic and I can see your point.

It is very hard
to eliminate fret board noise from a guitar, for example, although with
digital recordings, one can remove it if one can identify it in the
digital signal. These problems are mostly peculiar to classical music.
Pop music is so loud and noisy (as a rule) that nobody cares. Can you
imagine worrying about fret board noise in a Rolling Stones recording?

dude: it'd NOT BE a Rolling Stones recording without noise, fret or other!

Old July 6th 09, 12:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
ColinD[_2_]

Noons wrote:
ColinD wrote,on my timestamp of 4/07/2009 9:30 AM:

Very good, Noons, very good.

Ah well: after being working since Friday night, I got to let out steam
somehow, no?
¦B)

Your rejoinders are almost up to the wit
of a retarded ten-year-old.

Now, now: "wit" is too long a word for you...

When are you gonna say your father's bigger than my father?

I didn't say it. But apparently your mum yelled it out loud.

Oh, sorry, I forgot you were hatched, weren't you?

Cloned. Hatched is soooooo last millenium...

Y'know, to my total surprise, I detected conscious humour there! This
verbal jousting has its lighter side. Thanks.

Colin D.
Old July 10th 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons