BIRD ATTACK CAUGHT BY THE FAB 5D2!

Old June 29th 09, 08:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_27_]

Default BIRD ATTACK CAUGHT BY THE FAB 5D2!

* Annika1980 wrote :
The mama osprey had vacated her nest and was watching from a perch
high in a tree.
About that time a Great Blue Heron came flying by, a little too close
to the nest and the 3 chicks in it for the mama osprey. So mama
osprey swoops down and nails the big bird right in the back, knocking
his ass into the river. As I saw the feathers flying I thought he was
a goner for sure. But he managed to fly away, even thought he was
missing a good chunk of his backside.

Fortunately, the Fab 5D2 was there to catch all the action.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/114400543

That's a great action shot.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/114400539

Love the way the feathers are still in the air

--
Troy Piggins
Old June 29th 09, 07:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Russell D.

Troy Piggins wrote:
* Annika1980 wrote :
The mama osprey had vacated her nest and was watching from a perch
high in a tree.
About that time a Great Blue Heron came flying by, a little too close
to the nest and the 3 chicks in it for the mama osprey. So mama
osprey swoops down and nails the big bird right in the back, knocking
his ass into the river. As I saw the feathers flying I thought he was
a goner for sure. But he managed to fly away, even thought he was
missing a good chunk of his backside.

Fortunately, the Fab 5D2 was there to catch all the action.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/114400543

That's a great action shot.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/114400539

Love the way the feathers are still in the air

I love the exasperated/bewildered/****ed-off look on the herons face.

Russell

That's good stuff Brett.