For Bret: dragonflies

Old September 13th 06, 12:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
DD

Default For Bret: dragonflies

http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=1368.0

Whaddaya think? Dark side tempting ya?
Who rules!

--
www.nikongear.com
September Challenge prize is $50 B&H GiftCard
Old September 13th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

DD wrote:
http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=1368.0

Whaddaya think? Dark side tempting ya?
Who rules!

Very nice. I particularly admired the in flight shots as that's
something I haven't yet been able to capture.

Old September 13th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
DD

In article .com,
says...

DD wrote:
http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=1368.0

Whaddaya think? Dark side tempting ya?
Who rules!

Very nice. I particularly admired the in flight shots as that's
something I haven't yet been able to capture.

I have the older version of that lens, so I know just how slow it is to
focus. Apparently the AF-S version isn't much quicker...

Old September 13th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
ian

"DD" wrote in message
: In article .com,
: says...
:
: DD wrote:
:
http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=1368.0
:
: Whaddaya think? Dark side tempting ya?
: Who rules!
:
:
: Very nice. I particularly admired the in flight shots as that's
: something I haven't yet been able to capture.

Is that cos of the strict security measures in place?

Old September 14th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

DD wrote:
http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=1368.0

Whaddaya think? Dark side tempting ya?
Who rules!

--
www.nikongear.com
September Challenge prize is $50 B&H GiftCard

Absolutely stunning shots.Great work.
Helen

Old September 14th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

wrote:
DD wrote:
http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=1368.0

Whaddaya think? Dark side tempting ya?
Who rules!

Absolutely stunning shots.Great work.

Who is Jutta? IAE, very nicely done. I knew that eventually some one
would demo that you can get good results with Nikon digital....

--
john mcwilliams
Old September 14th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

John McWilliams wrote:
http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=1368.0

Who is Jutta? IAE, very nicely done. I knew that eventually some one
would demo that you can get good results with Nikon digital....

....and we knew it wouldn't be Dallas.

Old September 18th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
DD

In article .com,
says...

John McWilliams wrote:
http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=1368.0

Who is Jutta? IAE, very nicely done. I knew that eventually some one
would demo that you can get good results with Nikon digital....

...and we knew it wouldn't be Dallas.

What's that hissing sound? Is something in Tennessee deflating?

We are getting some very good submissions at Nikongear. If you're a
Nikon guy/gal and haven't already registered, please do so. Every month
we run a challenge and this first month the winner will receive a $50
B&H Gift Card to use as they please. Small beginnings, but who knows,
with enough support in the future we might be giving away much bigger
prizes every month.

--
www.nikongear.com
Old September 19th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

DD wrote:
...and we knew it wouldn't be Dallas.

What's that hissing sound? Is something in Tennessee deflating?

We are getting some very good submissions at Nikongear. If you're a
Nikon guy/gal and haven't already registered, please do so. Every month
we run a challenge and this first month the winner will receive a $50
B&H Gift Card to use as they please. Small beginnings, but who knows,
with enough support in the future we might be giving away much bigger
prizes every month.

Dallas, you'll get a chuckle out of this:

Yesterday, I was at the polo match, and I was set up on the opposite
side from the crowd (in the shade). The only people over on that side
of the field were me, the guy who owned the place, and the manager of
the place who was running the scoreboard.
At one point during the play, a guy and his girlfriend came walking by.
He was intending to take some pics with a Nikon that was draped around
his neck, but the guy running the scoreboard told them they'd have to
As they walked back past me I remarked, "If you'd been shooting Canon
you'd be allowed to stay over here." He said, "Hey, that's a good way
to start a brand war!"
As he walked away I smiled, thinking, "If he only knew."

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/67045992

Old September 19th 06, 11:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
cjcampbell

DD wrote:
http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=1368.0

Whaddaya think? Dark side tempting ya?
Who rules!

--
www.nikongear.com
September Challenge prize is $50 B&H GiftCard

Not bad at all. How the heck did you get the in-flight shots?