Resolution on Fuji cameras; highly impacted by ISO setting?

Old December 30th 18, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Resolution on Fuji cameras; highly impacted by ISO setting?

On Fri, 28 Dec 2018 04:50:00 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

On Thursday, 27 December 2018 21:38:09 UTC-5, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 27, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

On Thursday, 27 December 2018 14:33:02 UTC-5, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 27, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

Reason I asked is that I saw a shot with a 56mm f/1.2 and at 2000 ISO it
was soft, very poor resolution, almost as bad as I've seen with an old Canon
56mm f/1.2 I had. Then I saw a shot from about the same distance (a few feet)
with the lens at 200 ISO and it was completely different, nicely sharp
wide-open.

I do not have the XF56mm f/1.2, but it has a very good reputation among Fuji
users who use it primarily for portraiture. Where did you see this
particular comparison/test?

One guy was complaining about the resolution of the lens on DPreview, (that
was the 2000 ISO image) another was just a shot at 200 ISO. The guy's 2000
ISO image was in focus, no motion blur, so that's why I wondered about the
high ISO wiping out detail. One guy blamed it on lighting.

As I said, I have no personal experience with the 56/1.2. For the most part
with my X-T3 I have no issues with sharpness from ISO160 to ISO6400, higher
than ISO6400 things get slightly soft. At ISO12800, and ISO25600 I still have
usable images. Check the black print on these boxes, the shots are SOOC JPEG
with no post processing using 16-55mm f/2.8 on the X-T3.

ISO6400
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-fg85FxM/0/5cbc830a/5K/i-fg85FxM-5K.jpg

ISO12800
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-KJgmghM/0/d2981458/5K/i-KJgmghM-5K.jpg

ISO25600
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...PxpmQVZ-5K.jpg

Savageduck

Side issue; less powder, much heavier bullet with .45 than .40. Is that to keep them sub-sonic?

More like fashion - the image of a 45.

Eric Stevens
Old December 31st 18, 12:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 30, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...fg85FxM-5K.jpg

ISO12800
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...KJgmghM-5K.jpg

ISO25600
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...PxpmQVZ-5K.jpg

Savageduck

Side issue; less powder, much heavier bullet with .45 than .40. Is that to
keep them sub-sonic?

More like fashion - the image of a 45.

Fashion?

Here is my, ...er, fashionable Kimber PRO CDP II .45 ACP.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-tHWv8BL/0/7bee7357/5K/i-tHWv8BL-5K.jpg

Savageduck

Old January 1st 19, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 15:55:11 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

More like fashion - the image of a 45.

Fashion?

Here is my, ...er, fashionable Kimber PRO CDP II .45 ACP.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-tHWv8BL/0/7bee7357/5K/i-tHWv8BL-5K.jpg

No doubt it carries more weight in almost every sense than the Kimber
Micro Advocate.

Eric Stevens
Old January 1st 19, 02:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 31, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

wrote:

More like fashion - the image of a 45.

Fashion?

Here is my, ...er, fashionable Kimber PRO CDP II .45 ACP.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-tHWv8BL/0/7bee7357/5K/i-tHWv8BL-5K.jpg

No doubt it carries more weight in almost every sense than the Kimber
Micro Advocate.

While the Micro Advocate is a fine, compact, carry hand gun, I am not a fan
of the .380. If I was going toward a lighter caliber I would choose the newer
9mm loads over the .380. My preference is more for the heavier .40 S&W, or
1911 type .45 ACP, or in a revolver a .357 Mag.

My Kimber Pro CPD IIhttps://www.kimberamerica.com/pro-cdp-ca has an empty
weight of 28 oz the Micro Advocate weighs 13.8 oz. 15 years ago I paid $1200
for the .45 ACP, today it is priced at $1380.

Savageduck