FZ30 Lumix Simple Viewer

Old June 27th 06, 11:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Default FZ30 Lumix Simple Viewer

I have a Panasonic FZ30 that I really love, but I have a problem. When I
transfer pictures from the memory card to the hard drive, using a card
reader, sometimes the picture can't be displayed using the Lumix Simple
Viewer, even though they are in that directory, listed under the date they
were shot. There is no problem printing them, but I experience a problem
e-mailing them for this reason. The Lumix software reduces the file size to
under 100K. If I use other software programs to e-mail them the file size is
much larger.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, do you have any
solution.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Old June 27th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

You could try using decent viewing software instead of the crap Panasonic
ships with the camera. I love my Pany but they should have been shot for the
crap software they include. Try something like http://picasa.google.com. It
is pretty good and free. The new 2.5 version when it gets out beta (Goggle
has yet to move anything out of beta even after several years so I won't
hold my breath) even supports the RAW files from the FZ30.

Old June 29th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

You know, when I first read your response I was a little upset by your tone.
I had wrongly concluded that you were one of these guys who just criticize
people who ask legitimate questions without actually helping them. I could
not have been more wrong! I did download the picasa software, and it is
great. You are absolutely correct! It is much better than Lumix Simple
Viewer, and it also allows me to e-mail with a small file size.

So, Hebee Jeebes, thanks for a great solution, and thanks for taking the
time to post it, as yours was the only response I received.

Take care,
Robert Cunningham

Old July 3rd 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Robert Cunningham wrote:

I have a Panasonic FZ30 that I really love, but I have a problem.
When I transfer pictures from the memory card to the hard drive,
using a card reader, sometimes the picture can't be displayed using
the Lumix Simple Viewer, even though they are in that directory,
listed under the date they were shot. There is no problem printing
them, but I experience a problem e-mailing them for this reason. The
Lumix software reduces the file size to under 100K. If I use other
software programs to e-mail them the file size is much larger.

You could take and look and try out the Faststone Image Viewer
(http://www.faststone.org/). It can resize photos for e-mailing
purposes, and it also has some useful image editing capabilities as
well.

--
Witold