Chinon CE-4

Old March 13th 04, 11:46 AM
William Quayle

Default Chinon CE-4

I bought a Chinon Ce-4 a while ago at a camera fair for ten pounds it
needed a service and came with a miranda 35-70mm lens. The results I
got were vey good and the camera had many features like an Auto seting
exposure compensation going up in 1/3 steps +1.5&-1.5. It could have a
motordrive conected and had a flash sync of 125th after buying more
lenses (Chinon lenses). I found the results very good and the metering
system was very capable. Now you can buy theese cameras for less then
sixty five pounds on ebay in good working condition and good cosmetic
condition. I am surprised at just how little interest people have in
this camera when it is so very capable of producing comparable results
with a more modern camera. I would recomend this camera to anybody on
a tight budget and wants a good quality SLR. If you want more
information about other chinon cameras please e-mail me.
Old March 13th 04, 06:51 PM
Aymeric Peyret

William Quayle wrote:
[...]

I have bought an Agfa Selectronic 3 a few years ago on eBay. I was
bought similar to Chinon CE-4 or CE-4s, the only difference was the Agfa
Sensor... It really does good photos, but it is difficult to find some
lenses, like the vario 35-100mm and the 200mm/3.5 ... Otherwise I would
advise other students with tight means to buy this sort of SLRs...
Old March 25th 04, 07:19 PM
Winfried Buechsenschuetz

Aymeric Peyret wrote in message ...

I have bought an Agfa Selectronic 3 a few years ago on eBay. I was
bought similar to Chinon CE-4 or CE-4s, the only difference was the Agfa
Sensor... It really does good photos, but it is difficult to find some
lenses, like the vario 35-100mm and the 200mm/3.5 ... Otherwise I would
advise other students with tight means to buy this sort of SLRs...

While it is true that generic Agfa lenses are hard to find, AFAIK
these cameras (Chinon and Agfa) have the PK mount, and there are
lenses galore available for this mount (AKA Pentax K mount).

One reason why few people are interested in these cameras is that you
have to focus them manually. After the big hit with AF cameras used
manual focussing cameras can be real bargains, especially if they
don't carry a glorious brand name. In Germany we used to have
rebranded cameras from big retailers (Revue/Foto-Quelle and Porst),
most of them were made by Chinon or Cosina and are even cheaper than
these.

Winfried