SpaceX Dragon departure from International Space Station

Old January 14th 19, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

Default SpaceX Dragon departure from International Space Station

Amazing photography from space!

https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/vid...f_t=live_video

Wow!

--
David B.
Old January 14th 19, 09:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

On 13/01/2019 23:39, David B. wrote:
Amazing photography from space!

https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/vid...f_t=live_video

Wow!

FYI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo

Great video, prompted by seeing this image this morning!

https://www.facebook.com/imnotrighti...type=3&theater

Enjoy! :-)

--
David B.
Old November 20th 19, 10:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rink

Op 14-1-2019 om 9:20 schreef David B.:

FYIÂ* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo

Great video, prompted by seeing this image this morning!

https://www.facebook.com/imnotrightinthehead/photos/a.10150196685095377/10162087401960377/?type=3&theater

Enjoy! :-)

Thank you, David.
I enjoyed Chris Hadfield singing Space Oddity.

On his website
https://chrishadfield.ca/space-oddity/
you can read this:

-----

Your Official Source for everything Chris Hadfield

In 2013, the moustachioed Canadian Astronaut, Col. Chris Hadfield,
captivated the world from the International Space Station (ISS).

As he worked, Astronaut Hadfield documented his journey and daily life
as an astronaut on the space station with social media. He shared
breathtaking photos on Twitter and Tumblr. Have you ever wondered how
astronauts sleep or whether it’s possible to cry in space? Chris
Hadfield used videos to answer these questions and many other queries
regarding space science.

Proving to be as much a talented musician as he is a brilliant aviator
and engineer, he charmed his fans with a number of memorable musical
performances. 22 million people have watched his famous cover of David
Bowie's "Space Oddity", which he filmed to mark his departure from his
final mission. According to NASA, Chris Hadfield's video was the first
music video made in space. His musical performances are that much more
impressive when we consider that he had to learn how to speak and sing
with a weightless tongue!

Chris Hadfield is a Canadian icon. He's proud of where he comes from and
he's passionate about his work. He's humble and charming because that's
how Canadians are raised. With his feet firmly planted on Earth now, he
works tirelessly to inspire young people to do what they love
(especially, if it's space-related) and to be fascinated by the world
around them. Occasionally, he's been known to dabble in some music and
play a tune for his friends and family.

-----

Song text:
https://genius.com/Chris-hadfield-space-oddity-lyrics

Release date: May 12, 2013

The record company gave in 2013 only permission for one year on YouTube,
so Chris had to delete the video from YouTube in may 2014.
https://mashable.com/2014/05/13/chris-hadfield-pulls-space-oddity-youtube/?europe=true

Chris tried to get the video back on YouTube, but this only succeeded
after the help of David Bowie himself:
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/david-bowie-how-chris-hadfield-space-oddity-cover-from-orbit-was-helped-by-the-real-starman-a6805586.html

Within a year Glove and Boots made a "trio" with Chris:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJIZlAehgJY

Chris Hadfield live in 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdjHFuA71Ag

The "official video" posted by David Bowie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYYRH4apXDo
This video is from 1972, while the record is from 1969.

The "original video" is posted by someone else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67kmFzSh_o
I did not know this version from 1969....

Rink
Old November 20th 19, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David[_23_]

On 20/11/2019 21:18, Rink wrote:
[...]

Release date:Â* May 12, 2013

[...]

Wow! I had to think hard about that! ;-)

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=157428513000

I'll listen at your links later. Thanks.
Old November 26th 19, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
croy

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 02:49:40 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave wrote:

Does anyone give a **** what you think ?

I do. But your message has greatly lessened my interest in what *you* think.

--
croy