SUN SETS ON THE 20D !

Old June 16th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default SUN SETS ON THE 20D !

http://www.pbase.com/image/80607705

Old June 16th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

(forgive lousy attempt at humour)

On Jun 17, 1:38 am, Annika1980 wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/image/80607705

Oh, Bret, that is gorgeous!!

Ooops, sorry, forgot who I was for a second. It's all getting very
confusing. It's nice, but you say it was a 70-200? That would
indicate to me that you have used a supersecret enlarging algorithm to
get it this big - which is supported by the odd edge textures....

.... oh no, it's all becoming clear to me now - I know who you are!!!!
aaargh....

But seriously, I wanna see sunspots or something - otherwise you could
have knocked this up in three minutes (if that) in MS Paint.... (O;

Old June 16th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jun 16, 11:48 am, wrote:
(forgive lousy attempt at humour)

On Jun 17, 1:38 am, Annika1980 wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/image/80607705

Oh, Bret, that is gorgeous!!

Ooops, sorry, forgot who I was for a second. It's all getting very
confusing. It's nice, but you say it was a 70-200? That would
indicate to me that you have used a supersecret enlarging algorithm to
get it this big - which is supported by the odd edge textures....

... oh no, it's all becoming clear to me now - I know who you are!!!!
aaargh....

But seriously, I wanna see sunspots or something - otherwise you could
have knocked this up in three minutes (if that) in MS Paint.... (O;

" Oh, Bret, that is gorgeous!!"

So! Trying to impersonate me are you Mark! I'm going to have to call
my top notch Legal team to handle this! LOL!

Bret, it truly is GORGEOUS! No lens flare or ghosting. I don't care
if it was touched-up a bit. Whether it be Photoshop or, in films
case, dark room touch-ups, it's the final results that matter.
Beautiful!
Helen

Old June 16th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jun 16, 11:48 am, wrote:
It's nice, but you say it was a 70-200? That would
indicate to me that you have used a supersecret enlarging algorithm to
get it this big - which is supported by the odd edge textures....

The odd edge textures are probably due to shooting on a hot day from a
bridge over the river to a mountain a few miles away. I was kinda
surprised it came out as good as it did. Next time I'll set it up
properly with the 400mm.

As for the resizing algorithm that's a company secret.
All I got to say is ACR 4.1.

Old June 16th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ryadia

On Jun 17, 4:10 am, Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 16, 11:48 am, wrote:

It's nice, but you say it was a 70-200? That would
indicate to me that you have used a supersecret enlarging algorithm to
get it this big - which is supported by the odd edge textures....

The odd edge textures are probably due to shooting on a hot day from a
bridge over the river to a mountain a few miles away. I was kinda
surprised it came out as good as it did. Next time I'll set it up
properly with the 400mm.

As for the resizing algorithm that's a company secret.
All I got to say is ACR 4.1.

Come on Bret. 'fes up. You used my enlargement algorithm on it didn't
you?
I can tell by the pixel shape and of course each pixel you added
resulted in added detail. It's there on the edges of foliage for all
to see.

Douglas

Old June 17th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jun 16, 5:13 pm, Ryadia wrote:

As for the resizing algorithm that's a company secret.
All I got to say is ACR 4.1.

Come on Bret. 'fes up. You used my enlargement algorithm on it didn't
you?
I can tell by the pixel shape and of course each pixel you added
resulted in added detail. It's there on the edges of foliage for all
to see.

Busted!

I actually bought the ownership rights to your complete algorithm from
Samsung.
Cost me 25 cents (US).

Old June 17th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ryadia

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 16, 5:13 pm, Ryadia wrote:

As for the resizing algorithm that's a company secret.
All I got to say is ACR 4.1.

Come on Bret. 'fes up. You used my enlargement algorithm on it didn't
you?
I can tell by the pixel shape and of course each pixel you added
resulted in added detail. It's there on the edges of foliage for all
to see.

Busted!

I actually bought the ownership rights to your complete algorithm from
Samsung.
Cost me 25 cents (US).

You got ripped off. The phone they intended to use it with never got into
production!
Zeiss are the ones really peeved. They developed a new lens system for it on
a royalties only payment!

I still have a prototype.
All it does is take pictures because the phone part won't work in AU but it
sure takes impressive pictures for such a device.
--
Douglas,
Those who can, just do it.