No battery grip for Pentax DS/DL?

Old August 16th 05, 09:54 PM

Default No battery grip for Pentax DS/DL?

Strange omission - there's one for the 'D'... my feeling was that these
companies love you rort you on the accessories.

T.

Old August 16th 05, 10:14 PM
Paul Mitchum

Strange omission - there's one for the 'D'... my feeling was that these
companies love you rort you on the accessories.

The point of a DS or DL type product is to trim production costs.
Putting little sensors on the bottom of the camera for the battery and
portrait-orientation shutter release would boost production costs.
Old August 16th 05, 10:56 PM
Kitt

FWIW, this guy says he's talked to them...

http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/forum/vi...165d4 21be0a8

Kitt

Old August 17th 05, 12:32 AM
Pete D

What a crock! These are "entry level" cameras, why do they need an
extended/battery grip? The standard on camera grip is designed really well
and is really comfortable, with NiMh batteries installed it will take at
least 500-600 photos. Whats the problem? Nikon don't do one for the D70.
Canon have to do one for the 300/350D because the battery is not up to
extended use and the standard body grips are so pathetic especially on the
350D.

I guess the bottom line is that Pentax are not out to rort their customers
with items that are not needed.

oups.com...

Old August 17th 05, 12:57 AM

I think Canon have a vertical shutter button on their grip as well.

T.