Pentax 645n Questions

Old December 22nd 04, 02:05 PM
p645n

Default Pentax 645n Questions

I have a couple of Pentax 645n questions, I've looked all over now I'm
trying the ".rec's" -- (8 years of computing and never visited the
".rec's" before).

My first question is if there is a definitive forum/group for the
really hardcore medium format Pentax shooter?

And that is due to this second question -- the 645n has 8 custom
functions that can be turned on or off by a Pentax service center. I
had several done and I must say they are great. So my question is how
does the service center preform these tasks? Is the camera hooked up to
a computer/data bus which changes the firmware.

Thanks all...jim

Old December 22nd 04, 10:57 PM
Bob Monaghan

mailing lists for pentax MF:

there are a number of pentax MF mailing lists (I'm on one of the P67 lists
IIRC), see http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/lists.html for some sample MF lists

=====

access to changing embedded features

check with local pentax MF repair sites, they may be able to provide you
with access to manuals (at a stiff price) and support hardware and
software to access and make the desired changes.

Sometimes such software is claimed to be proprietary and not sold or
licensed, however. Usually the mfger boosts the price or minimum order so
only higher volume repair shops can justify the high costs for the
required cabling, tools, software etc.

hth bobm
* Robert Monaghan POB 752182 Southern Methodist Univ. Dallas Tx 75275 *
********************Standard Disclaimers Apply*************************
Old December 23rd 04, 10:09 PM
Pål Jensen

"p645n" skrev i melding
ups.com...

Is the camera hooked up to
a computer/data bus which changes the firmware.

Yes

Old December 24th 04, 12:45 PM
p645n

Robert -- tkx for the info.

P=E5l -- could you go into detail -- where does the cable hook to the
camera? Hotshoe? Is there a memory chip in the camera that's"flashed".
tkx...jim

Old January 11th 05, 01:51 PM
Pål Jensen

No idea. But I believe that the camera cover needs to be disassembled.

"p645n" skrev i melding
ups.com...
Robert -- tkx for the info.

Pål -- could you go into detail -- where does the cable hook to the