Meta-data in photo-viewer apps ?

Old April 27th 20, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

Default Meta-data in photo-viewer apps ?

Somebody somewhere was asking which apps can display it, and how much
(sorry, I'm to lazy to chase up which thread).

If it's any help, the stock-standard Win10 photo-viewer app tells me
that a shot from 2007 was on a Nikon D200, 1/400 sec , f11, zoom at 82mm
and ISO100.

However despite its adequate basic functionality it insists on putting a
white hazy margin down the side of a pic when I move the mouse near the
'pop-up arrow' area. Horrible idea.

geoff
Old April 27th 20, 11:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 27, 2020, geoff wrote
(in ):

Somebody somewhere was asking which apps can display it, and how much
(sorry, I'm to lazy to chase up which thread).

If it's any help, the stock-standard Win10 photo-viewer app tells me
that a shot from 2007 was on a Nikon D200, 1/400 sec , f11, zoom at 82mm
and ISO100.

However despite its adequate basic functionality it insists on putting a
white hazy margin down the side of a pic when I move the mouse near the
'pop-up arrow' area. Horrible idea.

geoff

Almost every app which accesses metadata uses an ExifTool enginehttps://exiftool.org Some are more comprehensive than others, some permit EXIF editing, others do not have the feature.

A free online service is Jeffrey Friedl’s *Image Metadata Viewer*http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi

Currently the photo viewer/EXIF editor app I use, is the macOS only ApolloOne which for me has proven to be the best of this type of software so far.

https://www.apollooneapp.com

One of my shots shown in ApolloOne:
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-vgvmCjP/0/a96b4e8f/O/i-vgvmCjP.jpg

Other folks favor apps such as IrfanView, & FastStone.

Savageduck