Panasonic FZ-4, FZ-5

Old March 19th 05, 04:23 PM
Bevin Breitkreuz

Default Panasonic FZ-4, FZ-5

These cameras were announced over a month ago, has anyone actually seen one,
used one, etc yet? I live in Edmonton, Canada, stores say they will be
getting them as they are listed as being ordered, but no one has them yet.
If anyone has purchased, what are the prices like?

Thanks, Bevin B.

Old March 19th 05, 05:15 PM
Ken

"Bevin Breitkreuz" wrote in message news:WlY_d.66523$i6.34350@edtnps90...
These cameras were announced over a month ago, has anyone actually seen one,
used one, etc yet? I live in Edmonton, Canada, stores say they will be
getting them as they are listed as being ordered, but no one has them yet.
If anyone has purchased, what are the prices like?

The first ones are just now starting to show up on ebay from HK and parts far east. A couple
of people have reported purchasing them while visiting Japan. Domestic sales in N. America
are still a few weeks off and pricing and availability will have to wait until then. It is a waiting
game we are all playing right now.

Old March 26th 05, 07:17 PM
ecm

Bevin Breitkreuz wrote:
These cameras were announced over a month ago, has anyone actually

seen one,
used one, etc yet? I live in Edmonton, Canada, stores say they will

be
getting them as they are listed as being ordered, but no one has them

yet.
If anyone has purchased, what are the prices like?

Thanks, Bevin B.

If you're interested: www.dpreview.com just posted a review of the K-M
Z5, and used the Panasonic DMC-FZ5 as the comparison camera - where
Phil (Askey, the site owner) got one, I'm not sure.... The pics from
the Pana FZ5 blow away (IMHO) the K-M Z5, BTW - check it out:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/koni...taz5/page7.asp

It looks like the K-M Z5 has a serious noise issue at ISO 200-320.
Maybe a firmware update will help, but I wouldn't touch the K-M as it
stands....

These are the first test photos from the Pana FZ5 I've found - no
review yet, though. It's too bad Panasonic/Leica couldn't keep the lens
a flat F/2.8 across the zoom with the new DMC-FZ4 and FZ5, like the FZ3
had. F/3.3 is really only about half stop; I'm waiting to see the
reviews and more test photos, to see if it actually makes a big
difference. I can't wait to get my hands on one, it it lives up to it's
bigger cousins.....

ECM

Old March 26th 05, 07:39 PM
Ken

"ecm" wrote in message oups.com...

Bevin Breitkreuz wrote:
[...]

There have been two posts in the panasonic talk forum at dpreview in the past two
days with pictures taken with the new fz5. They shouldn't be buried to deep for those
interested in seeing them. They look pretty good to me....

Ken

Old March 30th 05, 07:46 AM
JohanE

"ecm" wrote in message
oups.com...

These are the first test photos from the Pana FZ5 I've found - no
review yet, though. It's too bad Panasonic/Leica couldn't keep the lens

There's an FZ-5 review at:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/pa...ew/index.shtml

JohanE