Panasonic Lumix FZ15 ve FZ20

Old March 7th 05, 02:47 AM
Iris

Default Panasonic Lumix FZ15 ve FZ20

I know........

The FZ20 has 5 megapickles and the FZ15 has only 4. I don't care about
that. I almost never make large prints and I don't need an external
flash shoe.

Howz the image quality compare? The FZ15 is now selling for $369 while
the FZ20 is at $500. Is there a chance that the image quality and
noise levels might be BETTER on the FZ15 because it has the same sized
sensor as the FZ20 but lower resolution?

Iris
Old March 7th 05, 03:53 AM
Pete

On 7 Mar 2005 03:47:25 +0100, Iris wrote:

I know........

The FZ20 has 5 megapickles and the FZ15 has only 4. I don't care about
that. I almost never make large prints and I don't need an external
flash shoe.

Howz the image quality compare? The FZ15 is now selling for $369 while
the FZ20 is at $500. Is there a chance that the image quality and
noise levels might be BETTER on the FZ15 because it has the same sized
sensor as the FZ20 but lower resolution?

Iris

There's a review of these cameras in the current issue of PC Magazine, and
they generally prefer the FZ-15.

You can also find a review of the FZ10-15-20 series at

http://www.seanet.com/~pgm/panasonic

HTH
Old March 7th 05, 05:04 AM
Woodchuck Bill

Pete wrote in
:

There's a review of these cameras in the current issue of PC
Magazine, and they generally prefer the FZ-15.

I'd be interested in reading that review. Is it on the web...or only in
print?

--

Bill
Old March 7th 05, 08:57 AM
David J Taylor

Iris wrote:
I know........

The FZ20 has 5 megapickles and the FZ15 has only 4. I don't care
about that. I almost never make large prints and I don't need an
external flash shoe.

Howz the image quality compare? The FZ15 is now selling for $369
while the FZ20 is at $500. Is there a chance that the image quality
and noise levels might be BETTER on the FZ15 because it has the same
sized sensor as the FZ20 but lower resolution?

Iris,

In principle you are correct - there should be slightly lower noise on the
4MP sensor because the individual pixels are larger, and the efficiency of
light capture should be better because the readout electronics may take up
less space.

The movie clips don't have audio on the FZ15.

There are also some new lightweight models - the FZ4 and FZ5 - with a
similar feature difference, sacrificing a little in the aperture at
maximum zoom (f/3.3 cf. f./2.8). Whether these newer models have a newer
sensor and therefore better image quality I don't know.

Cheers,
David

Old March 7th 05, 09:21 AM

My wife has a FZ15 for animal and nature photography. It's a wonderful
camera, and knocks my Nikon 4500 for six. Progress I guess,
DonB

Old March 7th 05, 05:34 PM
Pete

On 7 Mar 2005 05:04:17 GMT, Woodchuck Bill wrote:

I'd be interested in reading that review. Is it on the web...or only in
print?

I looked quickly at their website, and don't see it online, but you can
check for yourself at www.pcmag.com. PC Mag is available at just about any
newsstand or public library (in the US).

HTH
Old March 7th 05, 05:41 PM
Pete

On 7 Mar 2005 05:04:17 GMT, Woodchuck Bill wrote:

I'd be interested in reading that review. Is it on the web...or only in
print?

Bill: Try this...

Go to www.pcmag.com
Click on the DIGITAL CAMERAS icon right under the SEARCH box
Click on the Superzoom link under DIGITAL CAMERA FINDER

You'll find at least a summary of the mag's latest Panasonic reviews there

Pete
Old March 7th 05, 10:44 PM
ittsy

In article , "Iris" wrote:
I know........

The FZ20 has 5 megapickles and the FZ15 has only 4. I don't care about
that. I almost never make large prints and I don't need an external
flash shoe.

Howz the image quality compare? The FZ15 is now selling for $369 while
the FZ20 is at $500. Is there a chance that the image quality and
noise levels might be BETTER on the FZ15 because it has the same sized
sensor as the FZ20 but lower resolution?

Both of them are OK cameras for the money. They do not come close to SLR
or rangefinder quality, partially due to the extremely small sensor and
partially due to the ridiculously large zoom range. . but most consumers
are pleased with the images.

--

Rose Parchen

Old March 7th 05, 11:48 PM
Woodchuck Bill

Pete wrote in
:

On 7 Mar 2005 05:04:17 GMT, Woodchuck Bill wrote:

I'd be interested in reading that review. Is it on the web...or
only in print?

Bill: Try this...

Go to www.pcmag.com
Click on the DIGITAL CAMERAS icon right under the SEARCH box
Click on the Superzoom link under DIGITAL CAMERA FINDER

You'll find at least a summary of the mag's latest Panasonic
reviews there

Pete

Thanks, Pete.

--