Buying a camera from an online store to be shipped to South Africa

Old December 12th 05, 09:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Buying a camera from an online store to be shipped to South Africa

Hi,
I have researched prices and know that I will save a lot by buying from
an international website (online shop) rather than directly from a shop
in SA.

As far as I know I will only have to pay VAT on the purchase.

Can anyone please advise which websites will ship to SA, takes
VISA/MasterCard and is reliable. I am interested in the Canon S2.

Thanks,

Old December 12th 05, 11:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

You better research the store first , you cant trust everyone. Buying
local has alot of advantages, like what if it is defective or damaged in
shipping, then what, or what if they wont ship it. Saving a few bucks
often costs alot more then you realise . There are plenty of documented
bad experiances in this area. Google.

Old December 12th 05, 11:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 12 Dec 2005 01:05:19 -0800, "xto" wrote:

Hi,
I have researched prices and know that I will save a lot by buying from
an international website (online shop) rather than directly from a shop
in SA.

As far as I know I will only have to pay VAT on the purchase.

Can anyone please advise which websites will ship to SA, takes
VISA/MasterCard and is reliable. I am interested in the Canon S2.

An excellent camera.

I can't recommend a dealer, but don't make your choice based on lowest price. Make sure you study
http://www.resellerratings.com/ very closely.

Old December 12th 05, 11:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

m Ransley wrote:
You better research the store first , you cant trust everyone.

This is a good place to go:
http://www.resellerratings.com/

This is a store you can trust:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Old December 12th 05, 11:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"xto" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
I have researched prices and know that I will save a lot by buying from
an international website (online shop) rather than directly from a shop
in SA.

As far as I know I will only have to pay VAT on the purchase.

Can anyone please advise which websites will ship to SA, takes
VISA/MasterCard and is reliable. I am interested in the Canon S2.

Thanks,

I am in South Africa, and have made several purchases from B&H Photo in New
York...

Service is fast (+- 10 days)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Dave

Old December 12th 05, 07:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"xto" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
I have researched prices and know that I will save a lot by buying from
an international website (online shop) rather than directly from a shop
in SA.

As far as I know I will only have to pay VAT on the purchase.

Can anyone please advise which websites will ship to SA, takes
VISA/MasterCard and is reliable. I am interested in the Canon S2.

Thanks,

Try B&H www.bhphotovideo.com

They do international sales and are absolutely reliable.