Rechargeable battery question

Old August 5th 04, 03:52 PM
NoNameAtAll

Default Rechargeable battery question

Last year I bought a quick charger for AA batteries for my digital camera. It
came with four 2000 mAh batteries, which I seem to have misplaced. I'm trying
to replace those batteries and only found 2200 mAh batteries at the first place
I looked this morning. Can my charger handle those or do they need to be 2000
mAh or lower? The literature for recharger talks about different charging times
for batteries anywhere from 1600 to 2000 mAh. It doesn't say anything about
2200 mAh batteries.
Old August 5th 04, 05:06 PM
Joseph Meehan

NoNameAtAll wrote:
Last year I bought a quick charger for AA batteries for my digital
camera. It came with four 2000 mAh batteries, which I seem to have
misplaced. I'm trying to replace those batteries and only found 2200
mAh batteries at the first place I looked this morning. Can my
charger handle those or do they need to be 2000 mAh or lower? The
literature for recharger talks about different charging times for
batteries anywhere from 1600 to 2000 mAh. It doesn't say anything
about 2200 mAh batteries.

Sure. It may take about 10% longer to charge and will last about 10%
longer.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old August 5th 04, 05:11 PM
Ron Hunter

NoNameAtAll wrote:

Last year I bought a quick charger for AA batteries for my digital camera. It
came with four 2000 mAh batteries, which I seem to have misplaced. I'm trying
to replace those batteries and only found 2200 mAh batteries at the first place
I looked this morning. Can my charger handle those or do they need to be 2000
mAh or lower? The literature for recharger talks about different charging times
for batteries anywhere from 1600 to 2000 mAh. It doesn't say anything about
2200 mAh batteries.

That's likely because there WERE no 2200 mAh batteries until the past
few months. If your charger accepts batteries other than the type you
bought with it, then it will just take a few minutes longer to charger
the 2200 mAh batteries than the 2000 mAh batteries.