Epson head cleaning

Old December 20th 04, 03:25 AM
damani

Default Epson head cleaning

My Epson 2200 need its heads cleaned after every two sheets are
printed. It printed a sort of rainbow bar on the sheet and the next
printing will look bad. Once I clean the heads I'm good for two more
printings. What's going on here? Time for servicing or are there any
tricks I can perform?

Old December 20th 04, 03:40 AM
Gene Palmiter

I have a factory refurb that prints beautifully after about 30 prints. I
have only used matt black ink and Velvet Fine arts paper or plain paper for
proofing. Has yours been used considerably more? Are you using non-Epson
products?

ups.com...

Old December 20th 04, 03:40 AM
Jerry G.

There may be a fault with the cartridges or a fault with the printer logic
board, or a sensor for the head positioning. I work at a place where we have
a very high end Epson printer. We have not been very happy with it over the
long run. It has been in to Epson for service a fair number of times. I have
a friend with an Epson colour printer, and he also has had problems with it.

I now have an HP photo printer (DeskJet 930C) for about 3 years, and it
seems to be very good. It is not up to the specs of the printers today. The
only drawback with it is that the cartridges are very expensive, and the
cost per print is high. But, it has been reliable. I use it for quick jobs.
For the critical print jobs, I send out my work for high end printing.

--

Jerry G.
=====

ups.com...

Old December 20th 04, 04:27 AM
damani

I've used my printer over 500 times using only epson inks. The problem
just started about a weeks ago.

Old December 20th 04, 04:27 AM
damani

Old December 20th 04, 06:46 AM
Kevin McMurtrie

In article . com,
"damani" wrote:

My Epson 2200 need its heads cleaned after every two sheets are
printed. It printed a sort of rainbow bar on the sheet and the next
printing will look bad. Once I clean the heads I'm good for two more
printings. What's going on here? Time for servicing or are there any
tricks I can perform?

The Epson 2200 is a dud. Mine commonly clogs most of its nozzles
between pages, or even mid-page. You might also have a problem with the
squeegee that wipes the heads clean. If it wears out, a layer of ink
sticks to the heads and blocks the spray. The print will fade and then
the head smears ink all over the paper.

Canon's new printers are looking really good.
Old December 20th 04, 06:57 AM
MarkČ

"Jerry G." wrote in message
[...]

What printer high end Epson printer are you referring to?
My (not high end)1270 never had a single clog in four years(!).
Still prints beautifully today, though I just got the Epson 4000, and don't
use the 1270 much--except to try and use up the cache of ink I still have
for it on less importnat stuff.

I know others have had trouble, but in 4 years, my 1270 has NEVER been
turned off--even when going for months at a time without a single print.
Zero clogs...ever.

I'm either the luckiest guy on Earth, or I'm doing something right.
Perhaps a bit of both...

BTW--My 4000 has been flawless as well, though I would expect this in the
short time I've had it, along with the extensive self-monitoring it does to
prevent clogs.

-Mark

--

Jerry G.
=====

ups.com...

Old December 20th 04, 09:29 AM

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote:

"Jerry G." wrote in message

There may be a fault with the cartridges or a fault with the
printer logic board, or a sensor for the head positioning. I work
at a place where we have a very high end Epson printer. We have not
been very happy with it over the long run. It has been in to Epson
for service a fair number of times. I have a friend with an Epson
colour printer, and he also has had problems with it.

I now have an HP photo printer (DeskJet 930C) for about 3 years,
and it seems to be very good. It is not up to the specs of the
printers today. The only drawback with it is that the cartridges
are very expensive, and the cost per print is high. But, it has
been reliable. I use it for quick jobs.
For the critical print jobs, I send out my work for high end printing.

What printer high end Epson printer are you referring to?

It does sound weird, doesn't it? Servicing of high end Epson printers
is usually done on site because they're so large.

Andrew.