Photo Contest [SI] and Reviews

Old November 3rd 03, 03:51 AM
Photo Judge

Default Photo Contest [SI] and Reviews

THE REVIEWS ARE HERE for Shootin [SI] 9 FACE TO FACE. For those who do
not already know, the images reviewed below can be found he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/face

REVIEWS:

Garry Ashton-Coulton: Nice shot. Very contrasty and PERFECT for the
theme.

Bret Douglas: Perfect for the theme, but do not look at this picture
if you have a weak stomach. Great macro.

Jim Kramer: Ha ha. You are trying to be creative but NO LUCK. The 2
clock faces are not looking at each other. Boring to look at.

Carbuff: Crap. A big waste of bandwidth for what this is: dog ****.

Steve Kramer: Cute Monkeys. Good shot, considering that you live in a
third world gook county. I am surprised you get the internet there.

Joseph Kewfi: What an ugly little brat. Such dominant Irish facial
features.

Richard Cockburn: Gook boxing. Very funny picture. Fits the theme
well. Oh yeah, Richard, have you seen the doctor about the burning?

Vic Mason: Did you really take this picture? I have doubts. Does not
fit the theme.

Parv: Garbage! Not fitting and poor shot.

Bowser: An ugly angry father giving his step-son a headlock thinking
"Your father used to **** my wify, you little *******". Technically
this fits the theme.

Michael Stevens: Not bad. Not great.

Dallas Dahms: Nice shot. Cute kid. Fits the theme.

Charlie Dilks: Easy shot, easy lay. Try harder next time.

Glenn Travis: This guy looks like an Arab terrorist.

Alan Browne: Where did you find these 2 geeks? Very boring, crappy
shot. But it technically fits the theme. How much are you paying for
that cheap supermarket re-branded Konica film? For such an outspoken
critic of everyone else, you suck as a photographer!

Nick James: You lazy ****ing *******. Try to submit a current shot
next time.

Simon Stanmo This guy looks like Joe Peschi on crack. Was this shot
taken with a wide angle lens? If yes, then it fits the theme. If not,
then it is just a crappy portrait.

Michael Hoffman: Cute kid. Fits the theme.

If anyone wants to join the weekly "Shootin", here is how:

http://www.btinternet.com/~mcsalty/martin/sirulz.htm
Old November 3rd 03, 05:55 PM
Thad Smith

Photo Judge wrote:

THE REVIEWS ARE HERE for Shootin [SI] 9 FACE TO FACE.

"Ha ha. You are trying to be creative but NO LUCK..."
"Crap. A big waste of bandwidth..."

What are you trying to accomplish? With that kind of feedback, I wonder
what kind of photographer is attracted. To each his own, I guess, but
I'll pass.

Thad
Old November 4th 03, 10:36 PM
Bandicoot

"Thad Smith" wrote in message
Photo Judge wrote:

THE REVIEWS ARE HERE for Shootin [SI] 9 FACE TO FACE.

"Ha ha. You are trying to be creative but NO LUCK..."
"Crap. A big waste of bandwidth..."

What are you trying to accomplish? With that kind of feedback, I wonder
what kind of photographer is attracted. To each his own, I guess, but
I'll pass.

Thad

The Shoot-In is not a competition, and "Photo Judge" neither its creator nor
a regular contributor. Most of the feedback anyone will receive is
constructive and helpful: don't let one guy put you off.

Peter

Old November 5th 03, 12:08 AM
jjs

In article , "Bandicoot"
wrote:

The Shoot-In is not a competition, and "Photo Judge" neither its creator nor
a regular contributor. Most of the feedback anyone will receive is
constructive and helpful: don't let one guy put you off.

It does sound interesting. I couldn't find any specific dates for the
event - like when is the 'trigger'. Seems it could be right up front in
the page.
Old November 5th 03, 01:57 PM
Bandicoot

"jjs" wrote in message
In article , "Bandicoot"
wrote:

The Shoot-In is not a competition, and "Photo Judge" neither its creator

nor
a regular contributor. Most of the feedback anyone will receive is
constructive and helpful: don't let one guy put you off.

It does sound interesting. I couldn't find any specific dates for the
event - like when is the 'trigger'. Seems it could be right up front in
the page.

Martin Francis has summarised the 'rulz' - we don't have rules, since that
would imply competition ;-) - and put them on a web-page at:

http://www.btinternet.com/~mcsalty/martin/sirulz.htm

Basically, the mandate gets announced in R.P.E.35 - which is where the SI
originates and remains its 'home' - on a Friday. The time for sending in
your shot is then the next but one Sunday after that. This means you get a
week plus two weekends in which to come up with something.

The idea is to shoot specifically for the mandate, but pictures from your
back-catalogue are acceptable too if you can't get out to do anything that
week, so long as they are identified as such. Digital manipulation should
be limited to more or less the equivalent of what you could have done in a
darkroom if making a conventional print.

Threads about the Shoot-In appear on R.P.E.35 and should be prefaced " [SI]
" so they are easy to spot, or filter for.

We owe the original idea to Lisa Horton, and also thanks to Bret Douglas who
looks after the pages where the images are posted.

Peter

Old November 5th 03, 08:41 PM
Jorge Gasteazoro

(Photo Judge) wrote in message . com...
[...]

I dont know, but I find some of the "critique" given by this so called
"photo judge" nasty and down right useless. The so called "critiques"
do not offer any reason as to why he thought the pictures were bad, he
only offers insults. Frankly I think this "reviews" are more likely
damaging to people who are beguinning than offer any real input. OTOH
bufoons like this "photo judge" cannot find their ass with two hands
and a mirror, let alone take a good picture. So please tell us "photo
judge" what are your qualifications and where can we see your
phtographs, so we can have the pleasure to tell you what pieces of
**** you are taking.....

Old November 6th 03, 03:44 PM
Dennis O'Connor

I plonk this passive aggressive nutcase, and now you start re-posting his
drivel... jeez Bowser....
remember snip, snip, eh?

Cheers ... Denny