EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Photo Color Printer? _ Opionions?

Old August 26th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ignoramus19259

Default EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Photo Color Printer? _ Opionions?

What do you think about EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Photo Color
Printer, would you say that it could print pictures very well?

Old August 26th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:17:26 -0500, Ignoramus19259 wrote:

What do you think about EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Photo Color
Printer, would you say that it could print pictures very well?

Yes. Try the Epson online store.

Old August 26th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim

"Ignoramus19259" wrote in message
What do you think about EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Photo Color
Printer, would you say that it could print pictures very well?

yes
Jim

Old August 26th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ignoramus19259

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:38:03 -0600, ray wrote:
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:17:26 -0500, Ignoramus19259 wrote:

What do you think about EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Photo Color
Printer, would you say that it could print pictures very well?

Yes. Try the Epson online store.

Well, I buy most of my computer stuff from Newegg. Thanks. I think
that I will buy one.

Old August 27th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Ignoramus19259 wrote:
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:38:03 -0600, ray wrote:
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:17:26 -0500, Ignoramus19259 wrote:

What do you think about EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Photo Color
Printer, would you say that it could print pictures very well?

Yes. Try the Epson online store.

Well, I buy most of my computer stuff from Newegg. Thanks. I think
that I will buy one.

Use Epson ink.

Use whatever paper you like, but don't even think about using
cheaper ink.

I do have paper feed problems with mine. It seems
tempermental about feeding photo paper. For example,
I've made several prints on one kind of paper and had to
basically hand feed each sheet to get it to go (just the
right amount of pressure on the top of the sheet to get
it started, but not too much or it is sensed as a jam
and gets fed right through). Then I've switch to a
different paper and had that paper feed fine. And then
switch back to the original type of paper... and it
feeds fine. But the next time other paper is used, it
won't feed... All very frustrating.

With regular non-photo inkjet papers it also can be
strange. With 11x17 24 pound paper it will feed okay
only if there are at least 10 sheets in the bin...
things like that.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old August 27th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ignoramus19259

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:19:41 -0800, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Ignoramus19259 wrote:
[...]

So, would you recommend to look for something else, or stay with this
one? Again, this is strictly for photos and artwork and such, NOT for
general office type printing like shipping labels.

Old August 27th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
frederick

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Ignoramus19259 wrote:
[...]

Have you tried cleaning the paper feed roller?
I can post instructions if you like.
Old August 27th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
frederick

Ignoramus19259 wrote:
[...]

There's only a few other options in that size of archival
pigment printer. Canon Pixma Pro 9500, HP B9180, and Epson
R2400. None offer any significant advantage over the R1800,
except better (more neutral) monochrome printing. None
however have the gloss optimiser that the R1800 does.
OTOH, if you were planning to print larger volumes and have
the space for it, larger 17" width models (R3800/4880 -
Canon iP5000) may be more economical in the long run.
Old August 27th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
Ignoramus19259 wrote:

What do you think about EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Photo Color
Printer, would you say that it could print pictures very well?

I have an Epson R1800 and I get great results when I print photos on it.
Old August 27th 07, 06:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Ignoramus19259 wrote:

So, would you recommend to look for something else, or stay with this
one? Again, this is strictly for photos and artwork and such, NOT for
general office type printing like shipping labels.

I think fredrick nailed it on that one.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)