Using Filters on C330s

Old June 2nd 04, 02:10 AM
Mike Jenkins

Default Using Filters on C330s

Hi, Recently purchased a mamiya C330s on ebay with an 80mm lens. I also
picked up a 55mm lens. My reading tells me the lenses take 46mm filters. So
I decided to order some B+W 46mm filters from B&H. Now I'm reading that the
55mm lens will vignette with screw in filters. Is this correct?

Do I need special filters for the C330s?

Should I call B&H and cancel my order?

Thanks, mj

Old June 2nd 04, 12:17 PM
dr bob

"Mike Jenkins" wrote in message
news
Hi, Recently purchased a mamiya C330s on ebay with an 80mm lens. I also
picked up a 55mm lens. My reading tells me the lenses take 46mm filters.
So
I decided to order some B+W 46mm filters from B&H. Now I'm reading that

the
55mm lens will vignette with screw in filters. Is this correct?

Do I need special filters for the C330s?

Should I call B&H and cancel my order?

Thanks, mj

The 55mm Mamiya Sekor will not vignette with one "normal" (read:
average) size filter. Care must be taken if more than one,e.g. a Wratten +
a polarizing filter, or a step-up adaptor is used. It is also very hard to
choose a decent lens shade for this lens. The Mamiya shade is hardly
effective it is so open. Best to hold your hat to shade it being very
careful not to bring it into the field. This lens is not subject to a lot
of flare and, with care, can be used in back lighted scenes effectively.
Been there - done that - got the picture.

Truly, dr bob.

Old June 2nd 04, 01:10 PM
KFritch

With the exception of some of the earlier lenses, Mamiya lenses tend to take
either a 46mm or a 49mm filter. I use all 49mm with a 46 - 49mm adapter when
needed. I have no vingnetting problems. As for the lens hoods, I use the same
49mm pentax thread mount lens hood that I use on my old spotmatics takumars.
They work just as well as mamiya hoods and are a lot cheaper - particularly if
you have them already. You do need to be careful with the 55, though. The
threaded lens hood for a 35mm takumar will work without a filter but with a
filter will give some vignetting. That's the only lens I cant get away with
using the old asahi hoods and a filter on.
Old June 2nd 04, 06:09 PM
Bob Salomon

In article k.net,
"Ken Burns" wrote:

Keep in mind that if you buy a Heliopan filter, you will not be able to sell
it used on ebay at a later date.

Not so.

If you are selling a used Heliopan filter you can sell it on ebay.

Yes we own the Heliopan trademark in the US and it is registered with
Customs so you can't offer to export a Heliopan filter to the U.S.

Afraid you have your facts wrong Ken.

The rules and regulations for selling trademarked products are posted on
Ebay for anyone to read prior to offering an item for sale.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old June 2nd 04, 06:11 PM
Bob Salomon

In article k.net,
"Ken Burns" wrote:

HP Marketing has exclusive rights to the use of the
Heliopan name.

Again, not at all.

HP Marketing owns the Heliopan Trademark in the U.S. we do not own
"exclusive rights to the use of the Heliopan name".

Anyone can use the Heliopan name. You just did.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old June 2nd 04, 09:08 PM
Ken Burns

Bob, it is true because you've done it before. This issue has been
discussed a number of times on this and other NGs. Don't deny it because
you'll make a fool of yourself.

KB

Old June 2nd 04, 10:03 PM
Bob Salomon

In article . net,
"Ken Burns" wrote:

Bob, it is true because you've done it before. This issue has been
discussed a number of times on this and other NGs. Don't deny it because
you'll make a fool of yourself.

KB

Ken,

The facts a

1 HP Marketing Corp. owns the Heliopan Trademark in the U.S.
2 HP Marketing Corp. has registered the Heliopan Trademark with U.S.
Customs.
3 U.S. Customs is enpowered to seize and confiscate any products bearing
the Heliopan Trademark that is not imported by the official U.S.
importer (HP Marketing Corp.)
4 Ebay honors Trademark and will cancel any offers for Heliopan product
that is not imported by H. P. Marketing Corp. New or used product.

That means that if someone is living outside the U.S. and is offering
Heliopan to people in the U.S. Ebay will cancel the auction.

That means that if you live in the U.S. and are offering Heliopan
products that were properly imported into the U.S. that you can offer
them for sale on Ebay to your hearts content.

That is why at the current time there are 18 auctions currently running
on Ebay that are for or that include Heliopan products and another 18
offering mostly new Heliopan through Ebay stores.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old June 2nd 04, 10:53 PM
Vincent Becker

Now I'm reading that the
55mm lens will vignette with screw in filters. Is this correct?

It will vignette if you add a filter and a lens shade, but with the filter
only it is Ok.

--
Vincent Becker
Photographie et appareils anciens - Photography and classic cameras