Using a Novoflex Minipod with a 6x6 camera ?

Old May 31st 04, 11:48 PM
Daniel ROCHA

Default Using a Novoflex Minipod with a 6x6 camera ?

Hello All,

I would like to know if somebody use a Novoflex Minipod
for a Hasselblad body camera ?

The Minipod is heavy and can support an heavy camera,
but it' is the movement easy to do to frame to the bottom
for example ?

regards,

--
Daniel Rocha - Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old May 31st 04, 11:53 PM
Bob Salomon

In article ,
"Daniel ROCHA" wrote:

Hello All,

I would like to know if somebody use a Novoflex Minipod
for a Hasselblad body camera ?

The Minipod is heavy and can support an heavy camera,
but it' is the movement easy to do to frame to the bottom
for example ?

regards,

Yes it is easy to do but the jointed legs are primarily for leveling.
You still need a head for best control of the framing. The Novoflex DINO
is a good choice for square format cameras as would be a ball head or
other pan head.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old June 2nd 04, 12:44 PM
Daniel ROCHA

"Bob Salomon" a écrit dans le message news:
Yes it is easy to do but the jointed legs are primarily for leveling.

Primarily... It's not really what I (just) want...

You still need a head for best control of the framing.

Bad point for me... But it's perhaps more steady than the Manfroto mini
pod ?? The Novoflex support 10kg ! I can put on it the head of my
Manfrotto
monopod.

Interesting !

The Novoflex DINO
is a good choice for square format cameras as would be a ball head or
other pan head.

I have just seen the Novoflex Minipod used, the Dino is probably very
expansive

Thanks for your answer Bob !

Old June 2nd 04, 02:01 PM
jjs

In article , "Daniel ROCHA"
wrote:

Bad point for me... But it's perhaps more steady than the Manfroto mini
pod ?? The Novoflex support 10kg ! I can put on it the head of my
Manfrotto
monopod.

Funny, but I'm packing for a quick trip out West where I've decided to
travel super-light and I have the Manfroto little tripod right here and
I'm a little upset because I lost the legs of my Leitz tablepod. I highly
recommend the later with the Leitz ball head mount because it is more
rigid. The Leitz head locks up nicely. In a pinch, with some care it will
support a 500c with a normal lens.

Best of luck.
Old June 2nd 04, 02:37 PM
Bob Salomon

In article ,
"Daniel ROCHA" wrote:

"Bob Salomon" a écrit dans le message news:
Yes it is easy to do but the jointed legs are primarily for leveling.

Primarily... It's not really what I (just) want...

You still need a head for best control of the framing.

Bad point for me... But it's perhaps more steady than the Manfroto mini
pod ?? The Novoflex support 10kg ! I can put on it the head of my
Manfrotto
monopod.

Interesting !

The Novoflex DINO
is a good choice for square format cameras as would be a ball head or
other pan head.

I have just seen the Novoflex Minipod used, the Dino is probably very
expansive

Thanks for your answer Bob !

--
Daniel Rocha - Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

The DiNo has a MAP of $260.00. A demo one is selling for less on our
Factory Store so they are moderate priced heads compared to some and
expensive compared to others. A Giotto's Pan Head is $43.00 and a Linhof
Profi Pan Head is about $1,800.00 in comparison.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old June 3rd 04, 10:42 AM
Daniel ROCHA

jjs, à écrit :
I highly recommend the later with the Leitz ball head mount because
it is more rigid. The Leitz head locks up nicely. In a pinch, with
some care it will support a 500c with a normal lens.

You do not recommend the Manfrotto tablepod for using it
wiht a Hassy ?

Old June 3rd 04, 10:43 AM
Daniel ROCHA

Bob Salomon, à écrit :
The DiNo has a MAP of $260.00. A demo one is selling for less on our
Factory Store so they are moderate priced heads compared to some and
expensive compared to others. A Giotto's Pan Head is $43.00 and a
Linhof Profi Pan Head is about $1,800.00 in comparison.

In live in Europe...

Old June 3rd 04, 01:58 PM
jjs

In article , "Daniel ROCHA"
wrote:

jjs, à écrit :
I highly recommend the later with the Leitz ball head mount because
it is more rigid. The Leitz head locks up nicely. In a pinch, with
some care it will support a 500c with a normal lens.

You do not recommend the Manfrotto tablepod for using it
wiht a Hassy ?

I hope we are talking about the same one - rigid legs that fold straight,
short ball head? (Darn it but I always take the labels off these things.)

It's not bad at all for a tiny tripod. Go for it. As with any tripod, I
would use the 'blad's mirror prefire and a limble shutter release (or self
-timer if you have an early enough lens). I'm using one. It works.
Old June 6th 04, 09:41 PM
Daniel ROCHA

jjs, à écrit :
I hope we are talking about the same one - rigid legs that fold
straight, short ball head? (Darn it but I always take the labels off
these things.)

Right. If I remember correctly, Manfrotto, just got this little
tabletop.

It's not bad at all for a tiny tripod. Go for it.

Oh nice to know !

I'm using one. It works.

Great ! Thansk for your comment...

I'm less interested buy the Nonoflex Minipod, if I must buy a head to
use it.

Thanks !