I decided against the iMac Pro

Old January 14th 18, 01:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

Default I decided against the iMac Pro

Up front and honest!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8237273

Does anyone else here post on the Apple groups?

--
David B.
Old January 14th 18, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 13, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

Up front and honest!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8237273

Does anyone else here post on the Apple groups?

At least five.

Savageduck

Old January 14th 18, 02:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott Schuckert

In article , David B.
wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8237273

I don't see where anyone is deciding against the iMac Pro because of
this - why the alarmist header?

That said, as a former Apple service manager I was a little, ah,
surprised by how automated product setup has become. In the last week I
set up an iPad and the new 4k Apple TV - much of the setup is simply
holding another of your Apple devices NEAR the new one, so settings can
be siphoned off...
Old January 14th 18, 02:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2018-01-14 08:20, Scott Schuckert wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8237273

I don't see where anyone is deciding against the iMac Pro because of
this - why the alarmist header?

The OP is a proven troll.

--
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102
Old January 14th 18, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Scott Schuckert
wrote:

In article , David B.
wrote:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8237273

I don't see where anyone is deciding against the iMac Pro because of
this - why the alarmist header?

because the poster is a troll.

That said, as a former Apple service manager I was a little, ah,
surprised by how automated product setup has become. In the last week I
set up an iPad and the new 4k Apple TV - much of the setup is simply
holding another of your Apple devices NEAR the new one, so settings can
be siphoned off...

yep.
Old January 15th 18, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 14/01/2018 01:24, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 13, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

Up front and honest!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8237273

Does anyone else here post on the Apple groups?

At least five.

Thank you.

I simply couldn't justify spending just a fraction under £5000 for the
new iMac Pro so I went ahead and bought the top-of-the-range 'ordinary'
iMac machine .....

27-inch iMac 5K - 3.8Ghz Processor / 2TB Fusion Drive
3.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
8GB 2400MHz memory, configurable up to 64GB
2TB Fusion Drive
Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB video memory
Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
Retina 5K 5120x2880 P3 display

=

It's magically fast compared to my 2008 machine! ;-)

--
David B.
Old January 15th 18, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 14/01/2018 13:20, Scott Schuckert wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8237273

I don't see where anyone is deciding against the iMac Pro because of
this - why the alarmist header?

I simply couldn't justify spending just a fraction under £5000 for the
new iMac Pro

That said, as a former Apple service manager I was a little, ah,
surprised by how automated product setup has become. In the last week I
set up an iPad and the new 4k Apple TV - much of the setup is simply
holding another of your Apple devices NEAR the new one, so settings can
be siphoned off...

My new machine was VERY easy to get 'up and running'! :-)

--
David B.