HDR rainforest

Old November 19th 17, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default HDR rainforest

What do you think about this pictu
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Malays...img.php?pic=10

Photomatix Pro with five RAW images (0EV, +- 2EV, +-4EV);
"photographic" setting.

The water of the waterfall and the sky on top are very bright, while the
shadow areas in the trees are very dark.
--
Alfred Molon

Old November 19th 17, 01:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 00:46:58 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

What do you think about this pictu
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Malays...img.php?pic=10

Photomatix Pro with five RAW images (0EV, +- 2EV, +-4EV);
"photographic" setting.

The water of the waterfall and the sky on top are very bright, while the
shadow areas in the trees are very dark.

I agree with you but my first reaction was to try to double the size
of the image. I think it would have a different impact then. Even so,
I would like to be able to see a little more deeply into the shadows
of the trees. I would also like to see more detail of the clouds and
sky but suspect there is none there to resolve.

Eric Stevens
Old November 19th 17, 02:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Alfred Molon" wrote

| Photomatix Pro with five RAW images (0EV, +- 2EV, +-4EV);
| "photographic" setting.
|
| The water of the waterfall and the sky on top are very bright, while the
| shadow areas in the trees are very dark.

Somehow I don't get the feeling of the depth and
atmosphere of the space. I think because it's slightly
blurred and too saturated. But I sure would like to
be there to spend a sunny afternoon sunning and
swimming.

Old November 19th 17, 02:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Alfred Molon" wrote

| What do you think about this picture....

Very nice website. Such a beautiful job. It's all
clearly organized, easily navigable, lean, fast and
entirely functional. I don't see many such well
designed sites these days.

Old November 19th 17, 02:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 18, 2017, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

What do you think about this pictu
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Malays...img.php?pic=10

I think that you have been able to achieve an acceptable balance recovering
highlights, and shadow detail.

It might be interesting to compare the 0EV image with the final HDR.

Something like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gnpi0ac2u2c0d3/screenshot_221.png

Photomatix Pro with five RAW images (0EV, +- 2EV, +-4EV);
"photographic" setting.

This might be an opportunity to try the HDR capability of On1 PR 2018. ;-)

The water of the waterfall and the sky on top are very bright, while the
shadow areas in the trees are very dark.

A perfect scenario for HDR, or even exposure stacking without tone mapping.

Savageduck

Old November 19th 17, 03:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/18/2017 8:18 PM, Mayayana wrote:
"Alfred Molon" wrote

| Photomatix Pro with five RAW images (0EV, +- 2EV, +-4EV);
| "photographic" setting.
|
| The water of the waterfall and the sky on top are very bright, while the
| shadow areas in the trees are very dark.

Somehow I don't get the feeling of the depth and
atmosphere of the space. I think because it's slightly
blurred and too saturated. But I sure would like to
be there to spend a sunny afternoon sunning and
swimming.

IMHO it is indeed a badly processed image. I suspect that the burning of
the highlights, and lack of shadow detail, are the result of either
shooting in low quality JPEG, and/or bad processing. The over saturation
and over-saturation and high luminescence of the green, are clues to
poor processing.

Having said that, I agree it might be a good place to chill out for a while.

--
PeterN
Old November 19th 17, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 18, 2017, Mayayana wrote
(in article ):

"Alfred wrote

Photomatix Pro with five RAW images (0EV, +- 2EV, +-4EV);
"photographic" setting.

The water of the waterfall and the sky on top are very bright, while the
shadow areas in the trees are very dark.

Somehow I don't get the feeling of the depth and
atmosphere of the space. I think because it's slightly
blurred and too saturated. But I sure would like to
be there to spend a sunny afternoon sunning and
swimming.

....and collecting your share of tropical parasitic infections. ;-)

Savageduck

Old November 19th 17, 03:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 17:14:34 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

On Saturday, 18 November 2017 15:47:01 UTC-8, Alfred Molon wrote:
What do you think about this pictu
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Malays...img.php?pic=10

Photomatix Pro with five RAW images (0EV, +- 2EV, +-4EV);
"photographic" setting.

The water of the waterfall and the sky on top are very bright, while the
shadow areas in the trees are very dark.
--
Alfred Molon

It's ok, but I was never a fan of the neon-greens this produces.

The greens look OK to me but I suppose it depends upon what you are
used to.

Eric Stevens
Old November 19th 17, 05:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

wrote:

What do you think about this pictu
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Malays...img.php?pic=10

Photomatix Pro with five RAW images (0EV, +- 2EV, +-4EV);
"photographic" setting.

The water of the waterfall and the sky on top are very bright, while the
shadow areas in the trees are very dark.

Maybe a bit over-saturated, but you were there, not me. The only other
thing is that the foreground looks unnaturally bright, at least
compared to what I can see of the sky. It's like it's what you would
see if someone were lighting it.
Old November 19th 17, 06:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 18/11/2017 23:46, Alfred Molon wrote:
What do you think about this pictu
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Malays...img.php?pic=10

Photomatix Pro with five RAW images (0EV, +- 2EV, +-4EV);
"photographic" setting.

The water of the waterfall and the sky on top are very bright, while the
shadow areas in the trees are very dark.

I don't like it because I don't believe the colour of the leaves. Were
they /really/ that intensely green?

--
Cheers,
David