Lightroom CC

Old October 29th 17, 07:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim Watts

Default Lightroom CC

On 29/10/17 17:18, android wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

On 29/10/17 11:05, android wrote:

Why don't just get with program and get a used Mac Mini? Cost less than
an iPad Pro and speaks Unixese just like your Linux computter...

Because it's not portable like a pad...

You did mention running Adobe CC in Windows Virtual on a Linux
computer...

Yes indeed. But having given up on that as a bad idea, I'm looking to
the future "With a clean slate, what would be best for me..."
Old October 29th 17, 07:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim Watts

On 29/10/17 17:18, android wrote:

Why are you talking about running it in a Windows WM then?

That was the past. Gave that up as a bad job. My attempts to work with
that predated the recent web/mobile product launch.
Old October 29th 17, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim Watts

On 29/10/17 17:24, android wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

I'm not getting that. here's a screenshot (browser full screen):

http://tinypic.com/r/2csf1n8/9

Big time golfer, right? Three more years and van Trump might give you
some of his spare time!

New Forest and it's not a golf range. Golf: A good walk ruined... As
someone said.
Old October 29th 17, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim Watts

On 29/10/17 17:24, nospam wrote:
In article , Tim Watts
wrote:

2) Colour tuning the screen... Linux is not great at colour management
anyway and now we have a browser in the way too. So how faithful is the
colour rendering? Do we need to go to an iPad Pro to really review stuff?

I don't do "Mac vs. whatever" and I'm *not* dissing your Linux system
in any way. But if you're really into photography what you described
above is a crying need for a 27" iMac. The display is phenomenal.

I'm kinda waiting to see what Apple bring out next. It's either going to
be a MacBook Pro (which is recently re-released) or something else.

the imac pro is next, expected in a couple of months.

next year will likely have refreshes to the rest of the lineup, quite
possibly with a few surprises, although those who closely watch the
industry have a pretty good idea of what's coming.

I'd really like a Mac Mini v2 - something that is small, utilises the
same screen and keyboard as my other systems but has been refreshed to
have a decent CPU and loads of RAM.

the mac mini nearly 15 years old. it's well past v2.

Sorry - I meant v2 figuratively. I have no idea what version it is - I
meant "the next one".
Old October 29th 17, 07:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim Watts

On 29/10/17 17:24, nospam wrote:
In article , Tim Watts
wrote:

2) Colour tuning the screen... Linux is not great at colour management
anyway and now we have a browser in the way too. So how faithful is the
colour rendering? Do we need to go to an iPad Pro to really review stuff?

I don't do "Mac vs. whatever" and I'm *not* dissing your Linux system
in any way. But if you're really into photography what you described
above is a crying need for a 27" iMac. The display is phenomenal.

I'm kinda waiting to see what Apple bring out next. It's either going to
be a MacBook Pro (which is recently re-released) or something else.

the imac pro is next, expected in a couple of months.

next year will likely have refreshes to the rest of the lineup, quite
possibly with a few surprises, although those who closely watch the
industry have a pretty good idea of what's coming.

Yep. I'm holding out with web/mobile to get my catalogue in order (never
have, it's a big job). When the time comes to do some serious
retouching, hopefully there will be all new choices from Apple.

Old October 29th 17, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Oct 29, 2017, Tim Watts wrote
(in ):

Tim Watts wrote:

I'm not getting that. here's a screenshot (browser full screen):

http://tinypic.com/r/2csf1n8/9

Big time golfer, right? Three more years and van Trump might give you
some of his spare time!

New Forest and it's not a golf range. Golf: A good walk ruined... As
someone said.

Allegedly, that was supposed to be Mark Twain, but there are many Twainisms
which have proven to be apocryphal. There was the golf saying, and then there
was the, “The coldest Winter I have experienced, was a Summer in San
Francisco.

Savageduck

Old October 29th 17, 08:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tim Watts
wrote:

I'm kinda waiting to see what Apple bring out next. It's either going to
be a MacBook Pro (which is recently re-released) or something else.

the imac pro is next, expected in a couple of months.

next year will likely have refreshes to the rest of the lineup, quite
possibly with a few surprises, although those who closely watch the
industry have a pretty good idea of what's coming.

Yep. I'm holding out with web/mobile to get my catalogue in order (never
have, it's a big job). When the time comes to do some serious
retouching, hopefully there will be all new choices from Apple.

what's wrong with the current choices?
Old October 29th 17, 08:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tim Watts
wrote:

I'd really like a Mac Mini v2 - something that is small, utilises the
same screen and keyboard as my other systems but has been refreshed to
have a decent CPU and loads of RAM.

the mac mini nearly 15 years old. it's well past v2.

Sorry - I meant v2 figuratively. I have no idea what version it is - I
meant "the next one".

the next one might be very different. that could be good, irrelevant or
bad.

what do you want that isn't there now?
Old October 29th 17, 08:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim Watts

On 29/10/17 20:14, nospam wrote:
In article , Tim Watts
wrote:

I'm kinda waiting to see what Apple bring out next. It's either going to
be a MacBook Pro (which is recently re-released) or something else.

the imac pro is next, expected in a couple of months.

next year will likely have refreshes to the rest of the lineup, quite
possibly with a few surprises, although those who closely watch the
industry have a pretty good idea of what's coming.

Yep. I'm holding out with web/mobile to get my catalogue in order (never
have, it's a big job). When the time comes to do some serious
retouching, hopefully there will be all new choices from Apple.

what's wrong with the current choices?

Nothing if I went for an iPad or MacBook Pro. OTOH, a Mini might be
good, if there's a decent refresh - so I'm holding out to see what
happens
Old October 29th 17, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tim Watts
wrote:

I'm kinda waiting to see what Apple bring out next. It's either going to
be a MacBook Pro (which is recently re-released) or something else.

the imac pro is next, expected in a couple of months.

next year will likely have refreshes to the rest of the lineup, quite
possibly with a few surprises, although those who closely watch the
industry have a pretty good idea of what's coming.

Yep. I'm holding out with web/mobile to get my catalogue in order (never
have, it's a big job). When the time comes to do some serious
retouching, hopefully there will be all new choices from Apple.

what's wrong with the current choices?

Nothing if I went for an iPad or MacBook Pro. OTOH, a Mini might be
good, if there's a decent refresh - so I'm holding out to see what
happens

that doesn't answer the question.

the current mini as well as the previous version are very compelling
products.

what do they not do that you want?