OT, kinda, video

Old October 29th 17, 08:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default OT, kinda, video

On Sat, 28 Oct 2017 20:34:18 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Oct 28, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 10/27/2017 11:25 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 27, 2017, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Eric Stevens
wrote:

It looks as though a giant wall is about to descend on the ball
carrier.

no it doesn't.

What do you think those guys are doing in the left of the photograph?

playing football.

the wall is in the background, unaffected by those guys or anyone else
for that matter.

Duh!

The wall that is about to descend is composed of the players on the
left of the image. The game is Rugby.

that's not a wall.

It is a figurative wall much like a gridiron scrimmage line could be
considered a figurative wall, not a literal brick wall.
You are being a bit too obtuse in pressing your POV.

Is obtuse the correct word?

Obtuse is the perfect word for this individual.

OBTUSE ?b?t(y)o?osäb?t(y)o?os

adjective
1 annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand: he wondered if the doctor was
being deliberately obtuse.
•difficult to understand: some of the lyrics are a bit obtuse.

ORIGIN

late Middle English(in the sense ‘blunt’): from Latin obtusus, past
participle of obtundere ‘beat against’.

That last bit sounds about right.

Eric Stevens
Old October 29th 17, 08:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 00:48:57 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

It looks as though a giant wall is about to descend on the ball
carrier.

no it doesn't.

What do you think those guys are doing in the left of the photograph?

playing football.

the wall is in the background, unaffected by those guys or anyone else
for that matter.

Duh!

The wall that is about to descend is composed of the players on the
left of the image. The game is Rugby.

that's not a wall.

It is a figurative wall much like a gridiron scrimmage line could be
considered a figurative wall, not a literal brick wall.
You are being a bit too obtuse in pressing your POV.

Is obtuse the correct word?

Well, he is being obtuse in that he doesn't show any sign of
understanding the metaphorical use of "wall".

now i do, but not when he initially said 'a giant wall is about to
descend'.

not everyone plays rugby and knows what the terminology is.

It's got nothing especially to do with rugby. Tony got it right.

Anyone should be quite familiar with that type of use. We speak of a
wall of water in a flash flood or tidal wave, a wall of obstruction by
the opposing political party, a "Chinese wall" where information
deliberately isn't shared, long distance runners hitting the wall, and
many other types of walls that are not physical constructions.

he used the word wall without a descriptor ('a wall is about to
descend'), versus your examples (wall of water, chinese wall).

you bash me for not being clear (even when what i write is clear as can
be) yet you give a free pass when others are not.

I thought that even you would understand what I was referring to after
a single glimpse of the picture.

You might also say he's being excessively literal in ignoring that the
word "wall" can be used metaphorically or allegorically (a symbolic
representation).

But, I would think that Eric would know by now that nospam enters
threads with the sole intent to argue based on a pathetic need to be
noticed and paid attention to. Any response to nospam gets a response
from nospam, so he is always the last to comment on anything. He'll
keep anything going to maintain face time here.

absolute utter nonsense.

you are *delusional* if you think that.

your post here is nothing more than an opportunity to bash and the
*only* reason you posted what you did.

your other posts completely twist what i say just to argue, including
when you know absolutely nothing about the topic, as was the case with
the dcc subthread, showing just how incredibly stupid you really are.

Eric Stevens
Old October 29th 17, 10:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

wrote:

It looks as though a giant wall is about to descend on the ball
carrier.

no it doesn't.

What do you think those guys are doing in the left of the photograph?

playing football.

the wall is in the background, unaffected by those guys or anyone else
for that matter.

Duh!

The wall that is about to descend is composed of the players on the
left of the image. The game is Rugby.

that's not a wall.

It is a figurative wall much like a gridiron scrimmage line could be
considered a figurative wall, not a literal brick wall.
You are being a bit too obtuse in pressing your POV.

Is obtuse the correct word?

Obtuse is the perfect word for this individual.

OBTUSE əbˈt(y)o͞osäbˈt(y)o͞os

adjective
1 annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand: he wondered if the doctor was
being deliberately obtuse.
•difficult to understand: some of the lyrics are a bit obtuse.

ORIGIN

late Middle English(in the sense ‘blunt’): from Latin obtusus, past
participle of obtundere ‘beat against’.

I had a stronger synonym in mind. But won't belabor the point.

--
PeterN
Old October 29th 17, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

[...]

It's not rugby terminology.

he said the game is rugby.

if it's not rugby terminology, then how can anyone expect to know what
was meant.

I even gave you a 1929/1930s American
football reference ("The Fordham Wall Still Stands") that you snipped.
It's just a word that can be used in any context to describe a mass of
opposition.

i have *zero* interest in football and not up on the terminology, nor
do i care, whether it's modern or from 90 years ago.

it's an incredibly stupid and boring game, one which causes brain
damage in the players, and apparently, some of the fans.
Old October 29th 17, 03:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Tony Cooper wrote:

While I'm aware of the injury potential, I'd rather see the two
grandsons engaged in sports and not chained (metaphorical usage,
there) to the television or game console as so many of their age are.

I'll be happier when their baseball season starts.

Soo... They ain't President material to begin with then?
--
teleportation kills
Old October 29th 17, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Tony Cooper wrote:

I'll be happier when their baseball season starts.

Soo... They ain't President material to begin with then?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Football could damage your Presidency...

"angered President Johnson, who accused Ford of having played "too much
football without a helmet"

And he never got elected for that said office by the GP, you know...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald...Leader_.281965.
E2.80.931973.29
--
teleportation kills
Old October 29th 17, 05:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Academic qualifications doesn't seem to have much to do with being
Presidential material. A vivid imagination involving sights and
things that didn't happen, and a willingness to lie about anything and
everything, got the current President in office.

if that were true, then hillary would have won.
Old October 29th 17, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Academic qualifications doesn't seem to have much to do with being
Presidential material. A vivid imagination involving sights and
things that didn't happen, and a willingness to lie about anything and
everything, got the current President in office.

if that were true, then hillary would have won.

I think that it's good not only for America but for the world community
as a whole to get to study a back room character like van Trump live in
the open...
--
teleportation kills
Old October 29th 17, 06:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/29/2017 12:55 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Academic qualifications doesn't seem to have much to do with being
Presidential material. A vivid imagination involving sights and
things that didn't happen, and a willingness to lie about anything and
everything, got the current President in office.

if that were true, then hillary would have won.

I think that it's good not only for America but for the world community
as a whole to get to study a back room character like van Trump live in
the open...

We have a mean spirited, and selfish megalomaniac as President. Does it
sound familiar that loyalty to the person supersedes loyalty to our
Constitution. I don't think too many days go by without him telling a
lie. While telling lies is quite often in the best interests of the
public, but saying meetings did not exist, and talking about the size of
the crowd at inauguration? His proposed tax bill will increase taxes on
the middle class, while decreasing his own personal taxes, and those of
his family. Don't hold your breath until he imposes the sanctions on
Russia, that Congress instructed him to do. I could go a lot further,
but I much prefer photography. This is to far OT to continue in this group.

--
PeterN
Old October 29th 17, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Academic qualifications doesn't seem to have much to do with being
Presidential material. A vivid imagination involving sights and
things that didn't happen, and a willingness to lie about anything and
everything, got the current President in office.

if that were true, then hillary would have won.

I think that it's good not only for America but for the world community
as a whole to get to study a back room character like van Trump live in
the open...

We have a mean spirited, and selfish megalomaniac as President.

that's what it takes to become president.

honest caring people won't make it past the primary, if they get that
far.

Does it
sound familiar that loyalty to the person supersedes loyalty to our
Constitution. I don't think too many days go by without him telling a
lie.

every politician lies.

While telling lies is quite often in the best interests of the
public,

rarely, if ever, is that the case.

but saying meetings did not exist, and talking about the size of
the crowd at inauguration? His proposed tax bill will increase taxes on
the middle class, while decreasing his own personal taxes, and those of
his family.

no different than anyone else who wants to make changes to taxes.

Don't hold your breath until he imposes the sanctions on
Russia, that Congress instructed him to do.

tomorrow's reveal will be interesting.

I could go a lot further,
but I much prefer photography. This is to far OT to continue in this group.

that part is true.