New Workflow Tool From Fujifilm

Old October 2nd 17, 11:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default New Workflow Tool From Fujifilm

Oki... I came across this on a coupple of forums and just had to share!

From the DPR:

"Main Features

- Convert RAW images on the computer (Single / Batch Process)
- Preview converting images
- Save, load, or copy conversion profiles.
* Specifications, window images subject to change without notice.
* RAW conversion is compatible with a RAW file taken by the same model
as the connected camera."

https://www.dpreview.com/news/160091...nounces-x-raw-
studio

I'm sure this is old news for hard core Fujinatics, but it's news to me.

I feel it coming: Another Oki...
--
teleportation kills
Old October 2nd 17, 01:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Oct 2, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

Oki... I came across this on a coupple of forums and just had to share!

From the DPR:

"Main Features

- Convert RAW images on the computer (Single / Batch Process)
- Preview converting images
- Save, load, or copy conversion profiles.
* Specifications, window images subject to change without notice.
* RAW conversion is compatible with a RAW file taken by the same model
as the connected camera."

https://www.dpreview.com/news/160091...nounces-x-raw-
studio

I'm sure this is old news for hard core Fujinatics, but it's news to me.

I feel it coming: Another Oki...

Yup! That is three week old news.

....now you can give us your Oki...

Savageduck

Old October 2nd 17, 01:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Oct 2, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

Oki... I came across this on a coupple of forums and just had to share!

From the DPR:

"Main Features

- Convert RAW images on the computer (Single / Batch Process)
- Preview converting images
- Save, load, or copy conversion profiles.
* Specifications, window images subject to change without notice.
* RAW conversion is compatible with a RAW file taken by the same model
as the connected camera."

https://www.dpreview.com/news/160091...nounces-x-raw-
studio

I'm sure this is old news for hard core Fujinatics, but it's news to me.

I feel it coming: Another Oki...

Yup! That is three week old news.

...now you can give us your Oki...

Seems to me like Fujifilm is moving away from true RAW and into pseudo
RAW there you need their or their partners proprietary soft to take
reasonable advantage of files generated by the camera. Do it once do it
right?
--
teleportation kills
Old October 2nd 17, 01:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Oct 2, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Oct 2, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

Oki... I came across this on a coupple of forums and just had to share!

From the DPR:

"Main Features

- Convert RAW images on the computer (Single / Batch Process)
- Preview converting images
- Save, load, or copy conversion profiles.
* Specifications, window images subject to change without notice.
* RAW conversion is compatible with a RAW file taken by the same model
as the connected camera."

https://www.dpreview.com/news/160091...nounces-x-raw-
studio

I'm sure this is old news for hard core Fujinatics, but it's news to me.

I feel it coming: Another Oki...

Yup! That is three week old news.

...now you can give us your Oki...

BTW: It is worth noting, this is only for Fujifilm cameras with the X
Processor Pro. Basically the 24.3 MP X-Trans III sensor, X-Processor Pro
cameras, and the GFX 50. The actual RAW processing is going to be made by the
in-camera processor of the connected camera via the UI of the installed
Fujifilm X RAW Studio software, not the CPU in the computer. So RAW shooters
using other manufacturer’s cameras are not going to be able to use this
software.

The new X-E3 is currently the onlyFujifilm X RAW Studio compatible camera.
Others will come on line with firmware updates.

Savageduck

Old October 2nd 17, 02:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Oct 2, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Oct 2, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

Oki... I came across this on a coupple of forums and just had to share!

From the DPR:

"Main Features

- Convert RAW images on the computer (Single / Batch Process)
- Preview converting images
- Save, load, or copy conversion profiles.
* Specifications, window images subject to change without notice.
* RAW conversion is compatible with a RAW file taken by the same model
as the connected camera."

https://www.dpreview.com/news/160091...nounces-x-raw-
studio

I'm sure this is old news for hard core Fujinatics, but it's news to me.

I feel it coming: Another Oki...

Yup! That is three week old news.

...now you can give us your Oki...

Seems to me like Fujifilm is moving away from true RAW and into pseudo
RAW there you need their or their partners proprietary soft to take
reasonable advantage of files generated by the camera. Do it once do it
right?

Not exactly, the RAF files are “true RAW”, they are just from a non-Bayer
filter sensor source. There is no “pseudo RAW” that is your invention.
There have been issues with Lightroom/ACR having problems with rendering the
non-Bayer filter, X-Trans sensor RAW files. The Fujifilm JPEGs work fine with
LR/PS.

The biggest issue has been with LR/ACR sharpening of X-Trans II RAF files,
not so much with X-Trans III RAFs. Also the LR/ACR rendering of the Fujifilm
film emmulations does not match what is done in-camera. Many Fujifilm
shooters have been using alternate RAW processors such as Irident, On1 Photo
RAW, AlienSkin Exposure X2, Affinity Photo, and Luminar, while still using
Lightroom for asset management.

With the X RAW Studio software using the X-Processor Pro in the connected
camera will fix those issues with LR/ACR.

Savageduck

Old October 2nd 17, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

Basically the 24.3 MP X-Trans III sensor, X-Processor Pro
cameras, and the GFX 50. The actual RAW processing is going to be made by the
in-camera processor of the connected camera via the UI of the installed
Fujifilm X RAW Studio software, not the CPU in the computer. So RAW shooters
using other manufacturer’s cameras are not going to be able to use this
software.

Yes, ain't this special. You're on the way home from a journey and got
files from your camera on a flashcard in your wallet and then the camera
itself gets snatch from your neck at the airport Then you have to get an
another one to access the files... How are you supposed to handle files
in storage generated by obsolete cameras?
--
teleportation kills
Old October 2nd 17, 03:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Oct 2, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

Basically the 24.3 MP X-Trans III sensor, X-Processor Pro
cameras, and the GFX 50. The actual RAW processing is going to be made by
the
in-camera processor of the connected camera via the UI of the installed
Fujifilm X RAW Studio software, not the CPU in the computer. So RAW shooters
using other manufacturer’s cameras are not going to be able to use this
software.

Yes, ain't this special. You're on the way home from a journey and got
files from your camera on a flashcard in your wallet and then the camera
itself gets snatch from your neck at the airport Then you have to get an
another one to access the files... How are you supposed to handle files
in storage generated by obsolete cameras?

Methinks you are trying too hard to make something out of this particular
software. It is just an extra for Fujifilm X-Trans shooters. It is just that
there is nothing there for Nikon, Canon, Panosonic, Sony, or Leica shooters,
and Fujifilm shooters can choose to use it, or not.

Camera theft happens on travels. I had a D300 stolen in 2009, but I have my
redundant backup system, so I only lost 5 shots. Pretty much the same thing
would apply to X-Trans III RAF files. There is still nothing stopping you
from processing those RAF files with On1 Photo RAW, Exposure X2, Affinity
Photo, Luminar, Affinity Photo, Pixelmator, Pictorial, Irident Developer,
Irident X-Transformer, or even Lightroom/ACR. X RAW Studio is just another
option for the Fujifilm shooter.

In the event that his/her/your camera is stolen they/you should be able to
get insurance to replace the camera, that was how my stolen D300 was replaced
with a D300S. Insurance also replaced the 18-200mm VRII, 2x CF cards, the
battery grip, and a BlackRapid strap.
Travelling without some sort of insurance for expensive equipment is foolish.
In my case my homeowners insurance covered my camera equipment because it was
personal property usually kept in my home. If I were a pro on assignment I
would have to have different insurance coverage. For folks who rent, renters
insurance should cover personal property, but YMMV depending on where you
live.

Savageduck

Old October 2nd 17, 04:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Oct 2, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

[...]

The thing is that these features seem to be linked to the specific
camera model. Once the camera access is gone the feature is too...
--
teleportation kills
Old October 2nd 17, 06:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Oct 2, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Oct 2, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

[...]

So? The software is free, the RAW files remain as they always were. It is
just that some of what Fujifilm offers via in-camera processing and RAW
conversion cannot be replicated by Adobe, or any of the third party software.
The same could be said for some of the features of the Nikon RAW processing
software.

Savageduck

Old October 2nd 17, 06:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Oct 2, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Oct 2, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

[...]

Iridient claims to have overcome the looked coding in the RAFs that has
not been made available for Adobe. It's a free open beta. Have you tried
it?

http://www.iridientdigital.com/products/xtransformer.html
--
teleportation kills