Samsung now reigning champion of APS, no question

Old March 1st 15, 11:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

Default Samsung now reigning champion of APS, no question

On 2/03/2015 5:21 a.m., Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
RichA says...

Much as it grieves me to say, there is no question their sensor is the KING of APS. Better than still noisy Sony/Nikon 24mp (which has other weird image issues as well), mushy Fuji X-Trans sensors, even Pentax which has the best current implementation of the Sony APS sensor.

A review I read complained a lot about the noise in that 28MP model.

The sample jpgs at Imaging Resource look quite bad at ISO 800 (pastel
NR smeared).
Bill Claff has analysed raw files, which aren't bad - similar to Nikon
D3300, not as good as D7100. IOW BSI doesn't seem to have given
improved QE over competitor's FSI sensors.
Despite pro-build quality with weather sealing, there are very few NX
mount lenses with weather sealing.
AF performance is reported as being very hit and miss.

The camera is also quite expensive, as are the lenses.

I wouldn't buy a Samsung anything, but YMMV.
Old March 1st 15, 01:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-03-01 16:21:26 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

In article ,
RichA says...

Much as it grieves me to say, there is no question their sensor is the
KING of APS. Better than still noisy Sony/Nikon 24mp (which has other
weird image issues as well), mushy Fuji X-Trans sensors, even Pentax
which has the best current implementation of the Sony APS sensor.

A review I read complained a lot about the noise in that 28MP model.

Check the clock/time on your computer.

Savageduck

Old March 2nd 15, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

"Me" wrote in message
[...]

My Samsung refrigerator is pretty darn good.

Old March 2nd 15, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , "PAS"
wrote:

"Me" wrote in message
[...]

One must say that they bent over backwards to make the S6 differentiate
from the iPhone 6...
--
teleportation kills
Old March 2nd 15, 03:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

I wouldn't buy a Samsung anything, but YMMV.

My Samsung refrigerator is pretty darn good.

One must say that they bent over backwards to make the S6 differentiate
from the iPhone 6...

samsung once again copied apple, this time the iphone 4 and 6.
Old March 2nd 15, 04:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/mh2p8nl
--
teleportation kills
Old March 3rd 15, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
RichA wrote:

But didn't Apple ape Samsung in that they brought out a large phone?

making a large phone is not copying.

the samsung galaxy s2 was indistinguishable from an iphone so much so
that even samsung's own lawyers couldn't tell the difference when both
were held up in a courtroom.

if anyone should be able to describe the differences, it should be the
very lawyers who are arguing that samsung *didn't* copy apple.