Yashica Lynx-14 - rangefinder adjustments?

Old October 3rd 07, 10:41 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
AAvK

Default Yashica Lynx-14 - rangefinder adjustments?

Hey folks... I am curious if anyone knows if there is info I could find on the web,
or if someone here that is knowledgeable on the subject could tell how to adjust
the rangefinder to accuracy on this camera?

I saw on Yashica Guy's site for the electro 35 how to remove the plate on the hot
shoe and there is an adjustment screw under... I did the same, under the 14's shoe
plate there are three screws hence and the whole shoe assembly comes off, under
which there are two oval holes, down under the left one, inside there is a screw that
can be turned. I tried it, and it does the trick for left and right movement of one
portion of the split image. Is there another screw that might be for up and down
adjustment?

Any help much appreciated,

--
Giant_Alex
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/
Old October 6th 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Rob Bradford

Have a look at "The Yashica Guy's" website he has some repair info ( a
couple of pages) including some stuff on rangefinder adjustment. The site is
not LYNX specific, but drop him a line, he has laways been helpful if
(v.rarely) I have had issues with my Yashica's.

www.yashica-guy.com

Rob.