Olympus/Canon beat Sony and Nikon for weather sealing

Old January 10th 18, 10:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Olympus/Canon beat Sony and Nikon for weather sealing

RichA Wrote in message:
Truth is, only two cameras that I've know of had sealing beyond the norm: The Panasonic GH3 and the Olympus E-1. The Panasonic had level 2 environmental sealing and the old Olympus E-1 was rumoured to have level 4 sealing. Videos of the camera being cleaned off in fountains and such seemed to prove that. But that the Sony was a "wash out" (get it?) doesn't surprise me.

In all fairness: The Imaging Resource article compares pro gear
with wannabee! The true oponent should have been the Sony A9. The
original article can be found he

http://www.imaging-resource.com/arti...r-testing-niko
n-d850-vs-sony-a7riii-canon-5div-olympus-e-m1II
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old January 10th 18, 06:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

RichA Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 04:00:51 UTC-5, android wrote:
RichA Wrote in message:
Truth is, only two cameras that I've know of had sealing beyond the norm: The Panasonic GH3 and the Olympus E-1. The Panasonic had level 2 environmental sealing and the old Olympus E-1 was rumoured to have level 4 sealing. Videos of the camera being cleaned off in fountains and such seemed to prove that. But that the Sony was a "wash out" (get it?) doesn't surprise me.

In all fairness: The Imaging Resource article compares pro gear
with wannabee! The true oponent should have been the Sony A9. The
original article can be found he

http://www.imaging-resource.com/arti...r-testing-niko
n-d850-vs-sony-a7riii-canon-5div-olympus-e-m1II
--

Problem is, they claim weather sealing or resistance, the camera should be able to withstand something. Otherwise, they shouldn't claim it can.

You're right! It's just that I'm homing in on the claim that the
alfa series are to be supposed to be pro stuff...

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/201...ing-your-camer
a-wet-teardown-of-a-salty-sony-a7sii/
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old January 11th 18, 12:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-01-11 10:26:33 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

RichA Wrote in message:
[...]

Doesn't it depend on what the individual thinks pro actually means.

In photography that would mean that the gear can take the daily beating
and still produce stunning files. These ain't studiocameras, BTW...
Pros can use any cam of course, but the results would not be consistent
nor predictable.

As an example I doubt the new iMac Pros are weather proof ;-)

Prograde graphic computers would give the user the option to chose the
display...
--
teleportation kills