When uneducated morons get hold of expensive cameras

Old December 31st 17, 04:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default When uneducated morons get hold of expensive cameras

On Dec 30, 2017, RichA wrote
(in ):

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60191096

It never ceases to amaze me as to just how stupid some folks can be.
I guess that idiot never understood that weather sealed â‰* water-proof.

Savageduck

Old December 31st 17, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article .com,
Savageduck says...

On Dec 30, 2017, RichA wrote
(in ):

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60191096

It never ceases to amaze me as to just how stupid some folks can be.
I guess that idiot never understood that weather sealed ? water-proof.

My Olympus E-M1 II and the 12-100 lens are weather-proof. I just wonder
what that means exactly. If it rains heavily I can continue to use the
camera outdoors?
--
Alfred Molon

Old December 31st 17, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 31, 2017, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck says...

On Dec 30, 2017, RichA wrote
(in ):

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60191096

It never ceases to amaze me as to just how stupid some folks can be.
I guess that idiot never understood that weather sealed ? water-proof.

My Olympus E-M1 II and the 12-100 lens are weather-proof. I just wonder
what that means exactly. If it rains heavily I can continue to use the
camera outdoors?

Weather-sealed/Weather-proof means just that, not water-proof, or dive ready.
Your E-M1, like my X-T2 is Weather-sealed, if fitted with a Weather-sealed
lens they should be able to tolerate rain, snow, and dusty conditions.
However, do not take all of that for granted, and it is always best to wipe
and/or dry the kit off before opening any lens, or sealed covers.

If you are going to actually take the camera into water it is time to invest
in a proper water housing such as one of these from Meikon. They provide for
Olympus and Fujifilm, and are reasonably priced.
https://meikon.com.hk

Savageduck

Old January 1st 18, 06:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 12/30/2017 11:44 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 30, 2017, RichA wrote
(in ):

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60191096

It never ceases to amaze me as to just how stupid some folks can be.
I guess that idiot never understood that weather sealed â‰* water-proof.

There is no end to lack of common sense.

--
PeterN