Oh no not anouther Film Vs digital comparison!

Old January 29th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Oh no not anouther Film Vs digital comparison!

I had a thread here before stating that I was going to compare my Fuji
F610 to a Stylus Epic, Still havn't done it. the first pictures from my
first roll was, for some unkown reason, crap and the pictures were not
sharp or pleasant at all, but in all subsiquent rolls I have been
getting quality more in a par with my OM-10. Second there are no manual
controls in the Epic, I wish there were because a my modern Digital
compact does, so therefore I would have to do the test in good light
for it to be a fair test, either that or hope Olympus makes one last
good film camera, and they make it as a replacement to the Stylus Epic!

Third there is B&W film in the Epic at the moment (HP5) it has been in
it for over a month as the Epic is just a camera I leave in the bottom
of my bag and carry everywhere incase a picture finds me.
And lastly I can't be botherd.

I did however find the time to compare my Fuji to my OM-10 at ISO 400,
and all I have to show for it is this
http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/a...mpact-FvsD.jpg
But the difference doesn't really come across in the scan as well as it
does in the actual print.

Old January 29th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

wrote

Stylus Epic ... the pictures were not
sharp or pleasant at all

I have had trouble with one of these. Turned out the focus
sensor was walleyed: it focused on whatever was in the upper
left of the picture. Had the same sort of problem with metering
metering.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com
Old January 30th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I was really disheartened after I got the first roll, But I gave the
lens a wipe on the outside (because I had already put another film in
it) when I got the prints back, and it has been super sharp ever since.
Still not entirley sure what the problem was because the first few
frames on the second roll look fine too.