IrfanView Panorama corruption?

Old November 24th 04, 07:45 PM
Terry Pinnell

Default IrfanView Panorama corruption?

I used IrfanView 3.95 to create a 'Panorama Image'. But as you see
from the 3 screenshots, the result displays some odd 'shading' in the
lower part of the image, not present in the original.

Top: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...lserFB-Ckt.gif
Bottom: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...lserFB-Sim.gif
Result: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...PulserFB-1.gif

Anyone have any idea what's happening please?

(I've also emailed the author.)

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Old November 24th 04, 07:54 PM
David J Taylor

Terry Pinnell wrote:
I used IrfanView 3.95 to create a 'Panorama Image'. But as you see
from the 3 screenshots, the result displays some odd 'shading' in the
lower part of the image, not present in the original.

Top: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...lserFB-Ckt.gif
Bottom: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...lserFB-Sim.gif
Result: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...PulserFB-1.gif

Anyone have any idea what's happening please?

(I've also emailed the author.)

Looks like the bottom image has been shrunk to the same size as the top
one. Try adding white to the edges of the top image to make it exactly
the same width as the lower image.

Cheers,
David

Old November 24th 04, 10:03 PM
Aussie Bomber

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:45:57 +0000, Terry Pinnell
wrote:

I used IrfanView 3.95 to create a 'Panorama Image'. But as you see
from the 3 screenshots, the result displays some odd 'shading' in the
lower part of the image, not present in the original.

Top: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...lserFB-Ckt.gif
Bottom: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...lserFB-Sim.gif
Result: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...PulserFB-1.gif

Anyone have any idea what's happening please?

I had a look at your "result" image and the text was a bit off until I
selected menu item:-

View|Display Options|Fit window to image

and then it looked OK

--
The Aussie Bomber
Carn The Dons!!

Old November 25th 04, 12:14 AM
Jer

wrote:

I used IrfanView 3.95 to create a 'Panorama Image'. But as you see

from the 3 screenshots, the result displays some odd 'shading' in the

lower part of the image, not present in the original.

Top: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...lserFB-Ckt.gif
Bottom: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...lserFB-Sim.gif
Result: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...PulserFB-1.gif

Anyone have any idea what's happening please?

I had a look at your "result" image and the text was a bit off until I
selected menu item:-

View|Display Options|Fit window to image

and then it looked OK

Same here. My browser always shows significant shrinkage until I click
on the image.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old November 25th 04, 09:05 AM
David J Taylor

wrote:

I used IrfanView 3.95 to create a 'Panorama Image'. But as you see
from the 3 screenshots, the result displays some odd 'shading' in the
lower part of the image, not present in the original.

Top: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...lserFB-Ckt.gif
Bottom: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...lserFB-Sim.gif
Result: http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...PulserFB-1.gif

Anyone have any idea what's happening please?

I had a look at your "result" image and the text was a bit off until I
selected menu item:-

View|Display Options|Fit window to image

and then it looked OK

I think the Result image has changed since it was first posted....

David

Old November 25th 04, 04:29 PM
Terry Pinnell

"David J Taylor" wrote:

I think the Result image has changed since it was first posted....

Yes, sorry, I changed it later, using PaintShop Pro 7. Must make
following the thread a tad difficult!

I've just repeated the exercise, with the identical two components.

The result you see immediately after using Create Image is this:
http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...foreSaving.gif

And after saving that as SecondAttempt.gif it still shows the strange
shading in parts of the lower section.

Opening it in PaintShop Pro 7 and several other viewers/editors gave
same result. Here's the result:
http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/I...ondAttempt.gif

As you suggest, David, it must be a resizing issue. In which case I
think I'll use PSP. Much as I like IrfanViewer in many respects, I do
wish it would let you simply paste images into a blank image, and move
them around. This 'Panorama' facility is far too restrictive to be of
much practical use to me.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK