HELP! Putting the (Lastolite) Gennie back in the bag

Old December 19th 04, 11:28 PM
howard

"teflon" wrote in message
On 18/12/04 12:50 pm, in article
, "me88"
wrote:

I have a Lastolite 6' x 4 ' reflector bought second hand, it fits in a

24''
diameter bag (supplied with it). Having taken it out I can't now figure

out
how it goes back in (there's a surprise!). I have some smaller ones

which I
have mastered but they only need one 'twist', this one seems to need

more.

Can anyone please help and either tell me how to or point me to

somewhere
that can.

It's a complete bitch. I used one and always tried to remember how it

folds.
Trouble is, it happens so quick, you don't see it!

I have that problem with deck chairs.

Old December 19th 04, 11:28 PM
howard

"teflon" wrote in message
On 18/12/04 12:50 pm, in article
, "me88"

Old December 20th 04, 03:24 AM
Bandicoot

"howard" wrote in message
[SNIP]

I have that problem with deck chairs.

You and Stan Laurel both...

Peter

Old December 20th 04, 03:24 AM
Bandicoot

[SNIP]

Old December 21st 04, 08:16 AM
zeitgeist

I have a Lastolite 6' x 4 ' reflector bought second hand, it fits in a

24''
diameter bag (supplied with it). Having taken it out I can't now figure

out
how it goes back in (there's a surprise!). I have some smaller ones which

have mastered but they only need one 'twist', this one seems to need more.

Can anyone please help and either tell me how to or point me to somewhere
that can.

you know, it is so weird how the small things seem to snap back almost by
themselves, its hard NOT to do it, it seems like the spring has a memory.

but the bigger ones, man, its like a magic trick, you'd expect a carnival
barker to ask gawkers to step right up and give it a try, sure he can do it
instantly closed as it opens but it frustrates even strong men to tears
trying.

the first time I tried it, I was in my kitchen with a new background, an
8x10 thing that was huge, I could NOT get it to collapse, even with their
illustration, I was at it for hours. Then it just did, and I didn't know
how it did.

Even today I struggle with it, especially if I haven't used it in awhile.

See that metal hoop has spring tension when the hoop is small and that
causes the loose end to twist when you are holding and closing it, but the
large hoops don't have any tension.

put one corner on the floor and put your foot on it, push the top corner
down to meet it, so you are folding it in half, when you get to the bottom
you want keep going, you want to curl it back up, imagine an upside down G,
well actually if your foot was where the comma is, that's about how you
would want to do your move, when you get to the tongue of the G, one of the
sides will start to bend in, fold it down, fold the other side down, that
should do it. Its almost counter-intuitive, and when you figure it out, it
will be like a circus magic trick, people can watch you do it but won't be
able to repeat it.