On1 Photo RAW 2018 Final Release

Old November 11th 17, 09:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default On1 Photo RAW 2018 Final Release

On Nov 11, 2017, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

To cut it short and avoid a long discussion, how about if I send you the
RAW file and you show me what you can get out of it from ON1?

And if your result are really so much better, you tell me how you did
it.

OK!

Use whatever method is convenient for you to send it.

Savageduck

Old November 11th 17, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/11/2017 11:14 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article .com,
Savageduck says...

This sounds like operator error rather than a software failure.

It's very easy to call things "operator error". Sometimes the software
is at fault.

Other RAW converters just apply the lens profile. ON1 did not. This
should happen automatically - if the software is not capable of that,
it's not good enough.

Neither LR nor ACR apply the RAW converter, unless you tell it too.
Unless you are shooting for all shots to have the same look, that is the
was it should be. I do not want profile adjustments to be made, unless
there is a reason. When I am using a WA lens, There are times I want the
distortion. Consider this pano, which is incomplete.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4r568h1pqvzo8f/ship%20pano%20ist%20pass_DxO.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN
Old November 11th 17, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/11/2017 4:45 PM, PeterN wrote:
[...]

Oops! I meant to say apply lens distortion correction, which is what I
thought you meant.

--
PeterN
Old November 12th 17, 08:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , PeterN says...

Neither LR nor ACR apply the RAW converter, unless you tell it too.
Unless you are shooting for all shots to have the same look, that is the
was it should be. I do not want profile adjustments to be made, unless
there is a reason. When I am using a WA lens, There are times I want the
distortion. Consider this pano, which is incomplete.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4r568h1pqvzo8f/ship%20pano%20ist%20pass_DxO.jpg?dl=0

Oops! I meant to say apply lens distortion correction, which is what I
thought you meant.

ACR does apply the lens distortion correction by default.
--
Alfred Molon

Old November 12th 17, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Bill W says...
I have the new On1 too, so if you want to post a download link, I'll
play along.

If you send me your email address, I'll send you the download link.
--
Alfred Molon

Old November 12th 17, 04:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article .com,
Savageduck says...
Use whatever method is convenient for you to send it.

I just sent you the download links to your me.com email address. Did you
receive it?
--
Alfred Molon

Old November 12th 17, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/12/2017 3:53 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , PeterN says...

Neither LR nor ACR apply the RAW converter, unless you tell it too.
Unless you are shooting for all shots to have the same look, that is the
was it should be. I do not want profile adjustments to be made, unless
there is a reason. When I am using a WA lens, There are times I want the
distortion. Consider this pano, which is incomplete.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4r568h1pqvzo8f/ship%20pano%20ist%20pass_DxO.jpg?dl=0

Oops! I meant to say apply lens distortion correction, which is what I
thought you meant.

ACR does apply the lens distortion correction by default.

You must have a different version than I have.

--
PeterN
Old November 12th 17, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 12, 2017, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck says...
Use whatever method is convenient for you to send it.

I just sent you the download links to your me.com email address. Did you
receive it?

Yup! I got them. Thank you.

I have done some On1 PR adjustments and emailed some results back to you.

Savageduck

Old November 12th 17, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 12, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 11/12/2017 3:53 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In , PeterN says...

Neither LR nor ACR apply the RAW converter, unless you tell it too.
Unless you are shooting for all shots to have the same look, that is the
was it should be. I do not want profile adjustments to be made, unless
there is a reason. When I am using a WA lens, There are times I want the
distortion. Consider this pano, which is incomplete.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4r568h1pq...%20pass_DxO.jp
g?dl=0
Oops! I meant to say apply lens distortion correction, which is what I
thought you meant.

ACR does apply the lens distortion correction by default.

You must have a different version than I have.

ACR sees the Olympus lens profile as imbedded in the metadata, and does apply
that by default. I have just checked.

Savageduck

Old November 12th 17, 07:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article .com,
Savageduck says...

I have done some On1 PR adjustments and emailed some results back to you.

I got your mail and already replied to you with comments.
--
Alfred Molon