My hands on D200 experience (longish)

Old November 11th 05, 08:24 PM
Douglas...

Default My hands on D200 experience (longish)

wrote:
In message ,
"Douglas..." wrote:

With all the hype about this camera, there is a mysterious lack of
images from it. If my guess is anywhere near the truth, the CCD sensor
will restrict the contrast range unless they have done something like
they've done with the D2X and used what amounts to 2 different sensors
tied together to spread the range... (Different size photo collectors).

Can anyone besides Douglas verify this? I've only heard it from him,
and well, you how much credibity he has here ... I'm fairly certain
that I have examined some D2X raw files in the past, and all the RAW
data was within a stop for every position in the Bayer matrix in any
given area, suggesting that he is probably incorrect (you'd expect a
deep difference in every other green pixel, or something like that).

You know John... You are a total ****ing dork.
Your information is sometimes factual and often misleading, sometimes
highly inaccurate and downright deceptive and other times displays you
might have a clue about photography but you've never demonstrated that
to be true.

You post insults whenever it suits you and for some reason, seem to
think I don't know about anything about the cameras I own ...and you
have the gall to say I have no credibility because you can't be bothered
doing your own research... Well go **** yourself arsehole.

The sensor used in the D2X is the same Sony sensor used in the S3 Pro
Fuji. Go do your own research. Better still. Put your money where your
mouth is and buy one like I did. Then you might be in position to
dispute what I say. Otherwise you are just a bloody troll, spewing out
crap to suit your stand on the topic that day.

Next time you post a 1600 ISO image trying to discredit my claims they
are crap... Make sure it's in the same low light situation as my flawed
images or when you later post a message about how much noise ISO 1600
images have in the shadows, I'll drag up all the other inconsistencies
in your post over the past year and see just how much credibility you
can claim from your contradictions. Get off my case arsehole.
--
Douglas...
Old November 11th 05, 10:35 PM
Pete D

Douglas,

For a seemingly intelligent person you must have the thinest skin of any
person that I know.

Chill man.

Old November 12th 05, 12:42 AM
Rich

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 06:24:18 +1000, "Douglas..."

In message ,
"Douglas..." wrote:

[...]

The fuji uses a CCD with two distinct sensors per photosite
that function like a 6 meg sensor.
The nikon uses a CMOS sensor with 12m square pixels.
How do you figure they are the same, and both Sony?
Neither is a Sony HAD sensor.
-Rich
Old November 12th 05, 12:46 AM
G.T.

"Zed Pobre" wrote in message
Douglas... wrote:

You know John... You are a total ****ing dork.
Your information is sometimes factual and often misleading, sometimes
highly inaccurate and downright deceptive and other times displays you
might have a clue about photography but you've never demonstrated that
to be true.

On the whole, I've found John's information to be highly reliable...
much more so than yours, unfortunately. As in this case. In fact,
that last paragraph I find to be more applicable to you.

You post insults whenever it suits you and for some reason, seem to
think I don't know about anything about the cameras I own ...and you
have the gall to say I have no credibility because you can't be bothered
doing your own research... Well go **** yourself arsehole.

The sensor used in the D2X is the same Sony sensor used in the S3 Pro
Fuji. Go do your own research.

I just did the research. The D2X is using a CMOS-based 12.8 MP sensor
with an absolutely standard rectangular pixel layout:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Niko...2x-1mmx1mm.gif

The S3 Pro is using heaxagonal pixels on a *CCD*-based system. It's
not even the same material!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0402/04...ifilms3pro.asp

I hunted around on Google for a bit just to see if DPReview completely
missed the boat, and found no references to the D2X using the Fuji
sensor. Since the Fuji SuperCCD is a fairly unusual technology, I'd
expect to to be widely noted if it were present in the D2X.

The difference between John and yourself is that when he has a claim
that is under dispute, he actually posts some evidence -- generally
fairly compelling evidence.

The two things that I wonder a

Does anybody believe any of the crap that Douglas spews?

When is he going to stop spewing his crap on the Internet?

Greg

Old November 12th 05, 01:13 AM
Jeremy Nixon

wrote:

Can anyone besides Douglas verify this? I've only heard it from him,
and well, you how much credibity he has here ... I'm fairly certain
that I have examined some D2X raw files in the past, and all the RAW
data was within a stop for every position in the Bayer matrix in any
given area, suggesting that he is probably incorrect (you'd expect a
deep difference in every other green pixel, or something like that).

What Douglas said is absolutely, positively, unequivocally incorrect.
Flat-out wrong, untrue, and not even based in reality.

Pretty much like everything else he says in this group.

--
Jeremy |
Old November 12th 05, 01:46 AM
MarkČ

Douglas... wrote:
wrote:
In message ,
"Douglas..." wrote:

[...]

Wrong, Douglas!!!
It uses CMOS!
-Not a CCD of ANY brand name!
Sheesh. You really stuck your foot in it this time...

Old November 12th 05, 04:39 AM
Douglas...

MarkČ wrote:

Wrong, Douglas!!!
It uses CMOS!
-Not a CCD of ANY brand name!
Sheesh. You really stuck your foot in it this time...

It's a Sony sensor with dual photo receptors. Get it right too Mark.

--
Douglas...
Specifications are good to read but