did it

Old March 8th 05, 02:45 PM
Alan Browne

Paul Bielec wrote:

Alan

You can buy some of those Palm self adhesive screen protectors, cut it
out and put it on the LCD to protect it from scratches.

Already on the list. Although the 7D comes with a transparent
cover/protector in any case.

Cheers,
Alan

Old March 8th 05, 04:43 PM
T.N.T.

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 01:08:15 GMT, Alan Browne
, wrote in
:

Walt Hanks wrote:

Congratulations on the purchase.

Thanks!

Now, please tell me what to look for in
the USM vs Non-usm images. Frankly, the non-USM looks better to me.
Am I missing something?

Assuming that you're looking at them at full res, the usm'd ones have
slightly sharper edges. (Look at the print on the meter body).

I couldn't see any difference at all. They even have the same file size
to the byte - 2030617 bytes, which, I think, is most likely impossible
and suggests that they're the same files with different names.

--
T.N.T.

Lbh xabj jung gb qb vs lbh rire jnag gb rznvy zr.
Old March 8th 05, 06:01 PM
Alan Browne

T.N.T. wrote:

I couldn't see any difference at all. They even have the same file size
to the byte - 2030617 bytes, which, I think, is most likely impossible
and suggests that they're the same files with different names.

Oops. And you're right too. These are both USM'd. And I've flushed
the original raw/JPG's, so no going back. I'll photograph again later.

Cheers,
Alan

Old March 8th 05, 06:41 PM
Lisa Horton

Alan Browne wrote:

Maxxum 7D

Congratulations Alan. Welcome to the dark side

What will be interesting to see is out of the rolls of film you have
now, how many you will still have in a year

Lisa
Old March 8th 05, 06:56 PM
Annika1980

Did wha?
Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.
----------------------------

Admit it, dude. You've had it for a while now, but it's aken you this
long to get enough guts to admit it.

I know we'll all be stunned by it's output.
Start with something easy like deer or cheerleaders.
It doesn't get much easier than cheerleaders, if ya know what I mean.

Old March 8th 05, 07:03 PM
Annika1980

Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.

How about taking this **** to the appropriate newsgroup, Buttdrip!

This group is for discussion of 35mm equipment and my pics.

Old March 8th 05, 07:05 PM
Annika1980

Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.

How about taking this **** to the appropriate newsgroup, Buttdrip!

This group is only for discussion of 35mm equipment and my pics.

Old March 8th 05, 07:11 PM
Alan Browne

Lisa Horton wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

Maxxum 7D

Congratulations Alan. Welcome to the dark side

Long time coming.

What will be interesting to see is out of the rolls of film you have
now, how many you will still have in a year

About a dozen 120's and about 30 35mm in color slide & negative. A pile
of T-max 100,

As long as we don't count the many rolls of T-max 100, I'm betting I
keep cycling through my film stock. As I bought the 7D I bought more
slide film too. (I was tempted to phone back and ask how to get that
film I bought into the camera, but they know me too well at that store).

Cheers,
Alan.

Old March 8th 05, 07:14 PM
Alan Browne

Annika1980 wrote:

Did wha?
Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.
----------------------------

Admit it, dude. You've had it for a while now, but it's aken you this
long to get enough guts to admit it.

I know we'll all be stunned by it's output.
Start with something easy like deer or cheerleaders.
It doesn't get much easier than cheerleaders, if ya know what I mean.

Nah, bought it yesterday. But I did battle with myself... "shut the
f*ck up Alan and just pretend you're getting these noise free scans from
the 5400..."

Zoom in on this: ( LARGE!! Over 2 MB ).
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/ColBill_FD.U.jpg

Cheers,