Sunday at Laguna Seca

Old August 28th 10, 01:08 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Walter Banks

Default Sunday at Laguna Seca

Alan Browne wrote:

I used this pump to move residual fuel from tanks at the tips and
extreme fore and aft to trim the ac. The drag reduction improved
the cruise speed 15 - 20 knots at the same power settings.

I'm amazed it was that amount of speed delta - PBY's weren't
that fast. Note: the goal with a 747 is not to increase speed
but to get cruise speed with less fuel consumption.

I probably should have said "could be improved" The numbers are
correct. We were carrying cargo. The fuselage was clean, the
observation bubbles had been replaced with flat Plexiglas. The
first thing was to get the wing level and keep it that way and
then move the CofG to get elevator trim neutralized.

As you said we had lots of time. It was Canada's Centennial and
I was 19.

w..