NO MORE 20D POSTS !

Old September 21st 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default NO MORE 20D POSTS !

ASAAR wrote:
On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:12:42 -0700,
wrote:

Wow, you people really are ignorant of what constitutes "awesome"
photography, aren't you.

My reply was going to be "I wish you didn't post any of those that
you already have, they just show everyone what not to do."

That can be helpful for those that are able to learn from the mistakes
of others but your photography provides nothing more than that.

Really, put the camera down, any camera. The only thing you do is clog
up a news-group with links to ineffective photography and gain attention
from those that don't know anything about photography. I suppose you
need that. Your desperation for attention is more than obvious.

Enlighten us then. Show us what your opinion is of "awesome"
photography.

Impossible. Frank is yet another incarnation of the Anti-DSLR
sock puppets. Most of what he says isn't new, being just a
permutation of quips from past posts. Any number of sock puppets
have also attacked Roger with that "desperation for attention"
charge. Why "impossible"? Because the sock puppets claim that they
have taken many award winning shots, but will destroy them rather
than let anyone buy or even see them. In other words, you're
dealing with a hot-air windbag of a troll, and would do well to try
to recognize the sock puppets each time they reappear with a new
nym. It's quite likely that we won't see many more replies from
Frank .

Here are some of the previously used sock puppet names :

**** CHDK / Photoline 32 / anti-DSLR Sock Puppet Troll List ****

A.Neuman, Allan D., Baumbadier, BetterEditors, BigBrother, Bobbert,
Brad M, BrokenP&S, Bucky, CharleiD, CoffeeTalk, CoolGuy,
Craig Stevens, D. Farmington, Dartagnon, DaveB, David Baires,
Do This, DOCJohnson, D-Rexter, Danny V., DSLR Honesty,
EdBancroft, Educator, DSLRs SUCK!, EdiTOR,
,
FeastForThought, Fed-Up-With-Corel, FixItMan, Frank, Franklin B.,
FrankLM, Gaile S., GET A ROOM, GilfordBrimly, Glen Bankwood,
GnomeAlaska, GoKiting, GreggAkin, GregoryH., Henry Hank,
HatTrick, HokusPokus, IdiotDetector, IdiotsIdiotsEverywhere,
Idiot Train - All Aboard!, ImpressMe, It Takes Time, Jack Johnson,
JoeBS, Lurk, John Kaiber, Les Danesworth, LoserSpotter, M. Goode,
MoronDetector, Mr. Observant, NameHere, NameThere, New2_S3,
, NotaFreeBillboard, Notes4theClueless,
OptionsRus, OTPolice, Passing Through ..., RealityCheck,
Reality Czech, ReplyingToStupid, Rob Akins, RockyZ,
SamanthaSpade, SayWhat, SelfImporantName, SelfImportantName,
Siskel, Sigh...More Fools, SmartAdvice, SmartGuy, Soujourner,
SpamAlert!, SPAM ALERT!!, spamless, SpamDetector, Stephen James,
Tech Man, Tester, Trevor D., Troll Detector, TryinToHelp, Wayne J.L.,
Wayne Wrangler, WhileOutShopping..., WillyWonka, X-Man, Yeti,
youmustbejoking and YourPsychologist.

Impressive collection! Well done. It's clear from the names he has a
high opinion of himself.

--
John McWilliams
Old September 22nd 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital

Annika1980 wrote:
On Sep 21, 12:52 am, "Roger N. Clark wrote:
Ever think of going to Alaska for bears, or Africa, or ...?

I'd love Alaska. Africa, not so much.

So, may I ask why not so much Africa?
Tanzania was wonderful. People were very nice,
wonderful wonderful, wonderful experience, lodges great, food
pretty good to great. The ONLY thing I really hated
was the malaria prevention medication. It seems the
all had side effects. Cost was about $400/day per person
including lodging, meals, vehicle, guide, park entry
fees, and pickup/drop off at the airport, and 2 people
per landrover. I'd go back in an instant (and plan to
a spacecraft launch).

Roger
Old September 22nd 07, 05:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Sep 21, 9:31 pm, Gary Eickmeier wrote:

I didn't buy a new camera.

The distinction of whether you bought or were given a new camera is
relatively unimportant to the fact that you are getting a new camera.
That's all we were trying to figure out.

Big ****ing deal. You got a 40D.

You seem to be the one trying to make a big ****ing deal out of what I
wrote.

OK, I'm calling you down on this.