Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

Old February 6th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

"Jasen" wrote in message

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
snipped other stuff

"Their solution to everything that they don't like is to kill."
I suppose you think that the born again in the white house was living by
the
bible when he destroyed a country, killed thousands and celebrated
"Mission
Accomplished" afterwards? The reality 'we' live in, is built on hypocrisy
and double standards.

Never a greater truth has been spoken by any man. Islam and the US
government plus a few other "mates" are virtually one and the same,
although through different means and motivations.

Just keep saying that over and over guys....We'll get another resounding
Republican victory in 2008.....I love it........

Old February 6th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Jasen" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
From the Mercury News:

"BEIRUT, Lebanon - A Muslim protest over caricatures of the Prophet
Muhammad turned into a rampage that injured at least 30 people in
Beirut on Sunday, as outrage over the drawings spread across continents
and widened the rift between Islam and the West."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...d/13799947.htm

Hmmm. Folks portrayed as violent fanatics protest by acting like
violent fanatics. As Alanis Morrisette would say, "Isn't It Ironic?"

I'm going to hate myself, but it seems that the main problem facing
Islam is Islam. Their solution to everything that they don't like is to
kill. Someone writes a book they don't like? Kill the author. A cartoon?
Kill the Danes. Did the Catholics protest when Maplethorp showed his
work called "**** Christ?" Yes. Did they kill, or threaten to kill? No.
Why is Islam so violent?

My guess is that it's not Islam the religion that is so violent, but its
the pare of the world that most of them come from that is so
violent....They have been solving their problems for thousands of years
by killing their enemies.

It is also the misinterpretation of the Koran that makes them believe they
must deal the way they do, plus violence is in their blood.

But every religion's, "Koran" can be equally misinterpreted....There isn't a
spitting difference between the Koran, the Bible, the Talmud, or any of
them....They all say all things to all men. You can find anything you want
in any of them. So if you are prone to violence, then you will be able to
justify it in your "Koran", or whatever bible you use....

Old February 6th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Just keep saying that over and over guys....We'll get another resounding
Republican victory in 2008.....I love it........

Voting for your own doom, it's all been done before bub.

Old February 6th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Jasen" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
From the Mercury News:

[...]

Oh, and they have absolutely NO sense of humour. Have you seen those
cartoons, quite funny really. Very clever.

No religion has a lot of laughs....Even my fellow atheists have a sense of
humor that is inversely proportional to their fanaticism.......

Old February 6th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Kinon O'cann" Yes.it's.me.Bowser wrote in message
. ..

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
ps.com...
The biggest problem with Islam is that, unlike in the West, there was
never any central authority, no 'pope'. With the rise of protestantism,
the rebellion against the papacy and the assetion of the hegemony by
Henry VIII, and the attacks on religion by David Hume, the church was
no longer looked upon as absolute. When the black death wiped out half
of Europe, the clergy not excepted, the ability of clergy to protect
against evils became suspect. Atheism became a much more reasonable
position...

And it still is.......

I would love to see an atheist replace the so-called Christian we have in
the white house now. Would be a huge step up.

I would spend billions of dollars chiseling the, "In God We Trust's" off of
all the public buildings.....:^)

Old February 7th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
Joseph, if you've ever followed my political rants of the past (and I

can't
imagine why you would) you would know I'm no fan of GW Bush. I have no
illusions about the stupidity of Bush and his holy war. But two wrongs

don't
make a right, as they say. But just as "**** Christ" didn't start the
Catholics rioting and killing, some stupid cartoon shouldn't start the
Muslims down that road, either.

Ahh, but Muslims have a different set of priorities and values. So you may
say it's merely a cartoon, but it is blasphemy if you are a believer,
there
was once upon a time when Christians took Christianity seriously and lived
by it's values, that blasphemy would have been as offensive as it is to
Muslims today, but alas we in Christendom are so 'advanced' now we need
not
worry about such pesky little issues like religious values.

"Worrying" about them, and killing thousands of innocent citizens over them
are two different things........

Old February 7th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Kernix" wrote in message
oups.com...
First of all, yes catholics did cause harm via persecution. We evolved!

Secondly, Islam or Christianity - all religious fanatics are messed up.
It's you friggin religious wachos that cause so many of the world's
problems.

Hear, hear!

Old February 7th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
It's you friggin religious wachos that cause so many of the world's
problems.

Err.. your President was brought to power by a group of religious wackos
that believe Jesus is going to return to earth.

No. I voted for him, and I have no religion at all. I voted for him the
first time, because he wasn't a liberal. I voted for him the second time
because he was willing to wage war on murderers, and I hope he goes after
the ones in Iran and North Korea before his term in office ends. And I will
campaign for anyone who says he will go after the murderers on this earth in
his campaign rhetoric. The time has come for those of us who believe in
freedom and hate oppression to stand up and fight the tyrants on this earth
who are suppressing freedom and killing innocent people. We have to stop
listening to the apologists who are willing to tolerate murderers of women
and children, and leaders who are willing to build atom bombs and drop them
on innocents. If we wait much longer it will be too late. I may not believe
in God, but I know that there are evil people on the earth, and it is my job
to get rid of them. By standing by and doing nothing, I am promoting their
cause, and taking part in the evil that they represent. Keep turning your
back on the daemons who are at your neighbor's door, and sooner or later,
they are going to show up at your own door. And then you will have no one to
blame but yourself.

Old February 7th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message news:ds8g20
Err.. your President was brought to power by a group of religious wackos
that believe Jesus is going to return to earth.

In the first place, he was voted in, and not "brought to power". His powers
are carefully outlined in our constitution.
And, in the second place, is that the only difference between you and the
Republicans. Kewfi? - they believe that Jesus is going to return to earth,
and you don't? Why would it matter where he "returns to?" Don't the Jews
think he, (or someone else) will "return to earth"? Do the Catholics believe
he will return? And why the hell would it matter, anyhow? - I thought he, or
someone related in some way to him created the whole damn universe. If so,
couldn't he and his relatives go anywhere they damn well please anytime they
want to go there? And why would it matter where they are anyway? If you
build a house, does it matter whether you are in the upstairs bath, or the
basement utility room? Just what the hell are you guys talking about anyway,
and how does it relate to some idiot building an atom bomb and dropping it
on some little country and killing a few million people and contaminating
the whole world with nuclear fall out, that will raise the cancer rate for a
thousand years?

Old February 7th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

wrote in message
oups.com...
Northern Europe, AD 1300: People live in huts and have a few animals;
disease, hunger, and plagues are common. Life expectancy is about 35 at
best.

Northern Europe, AD 2006: People live in warm houses and drive Mercedes
and BMWs. They grow and drink the finest wines in the world. Food is
abundant, disease is rare.

Arabia, AD 1300: People live in huts and have a few animals; disease,
hunger, and plagues are common. Life expectancy is about 35 at best.

Arabia, AD 2006: (Aside from the few oill shieks): People live in huts
and have a few animals; disease and hunger are common. Life expectancy
is about 35 at best.

Actually, make that 1900. by 2006, we had gone over there, dug a hole in the
sand, and showed them that they had been riding their camels over a pile of
black gold, and they could let us dig it up for them and sell it and give
them most of the money, and they could trade in their camels for Cadillacs
and build hospitals and clean drinking water plants and raise their life
expectancy to like 70 years or so. (Which is twice 35, and about what the ME
average was in 2000)