Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

Old February 6th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

Unlike Islamo-fascists, he does not impose his religious beliefs on
anyone.

Really, whats going on with the US supreme court?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm an atheist and I voted for GWB, and I'd do it a thosand times
again!

Unlike Islamo-fascists, he does not impose his religious beliefs on
anyone.

I'd dig up Nixon and vote for him too!

Joseph Kewfi wrote:
It's you friggin religious wachos that cause so many of the world's
problems.

Err.. your President was brought to power by a group of religious wackos
that believe Jesus is going to return to earth.

"Kernix" wrote in message
oups.com...
First of all, yes catholics did cause harm via persecution. We

evolved!

Secondly, Islam or Christianity - all religious fanatics are messed

up.

Old February 6th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
Yes.....And we can only hope that the apologists wake up in time.......

Your president is a loony, and I'm suppose to be frightened by a few angry
Muslims...sheesh.

Well, I guess you weren't touring the World Trade Center buildings the
morning of 9/11/2001......Lucky you! I wonder where you'll be when and if
our Homeland Security department fails to stop another attack sometime in
the future?
**** happens, Joseph........And sometime, sooner or later, it's going to
happen to you.

Old February 6th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Kinon O'cann" Yes.it's.me.Bowser wrote in message

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
Yes.....And we can only hope that the apologists wake up in time.......

Your president is a loony, and I'm suppose to be frightened by a few
angry
Muslims...sheesh.

Yes, he is, but he is completely removed from this thread. The cartoon was
Danish, the protests and riots are Muslim. And who frightens you is your
business. I asked a question, that's all: why are Muslims so violent? Why
kill over a cartoon? Why did they threaten to kill the author of a book
simply because they didn't like the book? Why is their reaction to
anything offensive to kill?

Maybe because they, as well as many other religious nuts, have been killing
each other off for over 5000 years.......Don't believe in my God, huh? Well,
I'm going to make sure you meet him, right now!

Old February 6th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Kernix" wrote in message
ups.com...
burned at the stake for heresy or suspicion of practicing the black
arts. We have already grown out of that phase.

We have? - I wouldn't bet on it......

Old February 6th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message

Jewish puppets in Palestine have killed off over the last six decades.

I guess you are talking about the ones left over after the holocaust........

Old February 6th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

wrote in message
ups.com...

Kinon O'cann wrote:
"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
Yes.....And we can only hope that the apologists wake up in
time.......

Your president is a loony, and I'm suppose to be frightened by a few
angry
Muslims...sheesh.

Yes, he is, but he is completely removed from this thread.

What!? - You mean you can't figure out a way to blame Bush for this? - Come
on, guys, what happened to your imaginations?

The cartoon was
Danish, the protests and riots are Muslim. And who frightens you is your
business. I asked a question, that's all: why are Muslims so violent?

Almost every Muslim I know is a hot-head. When I play soccer with them,
they almost always a fight amongth themselves. It's either cultural,
racial, or a combination. Regardless, most of us in the West are sick
of it.

Why
kill over a cartoon? Why did they threaten to kill the author of a book
simply because they didn't like the book? Why is their reaction to
anything
offensive to kill?

People learn to do what their parents did. And "the people" learn to do what
their governments did. For a thousand generations the Arab countries have
lived under murderous governments whose answer to anything and anyone who
disagreed with them was to kill them. Now, that is their way of life.

Old February 6th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Well, I guess you weren't touring the World Trade Center buildings the
morning of 9/11/2001......Lucky you! I wonder where you'll be when and if
our Homeland Security department fails to stop another attack sometime in
the future?

Well I wouldn't fancy my chances if I had to rely on Bush and his
departments, he couldn't defend New Orleans from a bit of wind and water,
how in hell could he defend me in Western Europe.

**** happens, Joseph........And sometime, sooner or later, it's going

happen to you.

The old fear and rage syndrome, I don't live my life that way. I wouldn't
worry about being blown up anymore than I'd worry about being involved in a
car accident every time I'm in a car.

. ..

Old February 6th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
With that little formality out of the way, can you explain why the
Muslims
are so quick to resort to violence? Why did they pass a death sentence on
Rushdie? Why do they protest a stupid cartoon in such a violent manner?

Can
you explain this?

There was once a time when Christianity was taken seriously in
Christendom,
apparently Muslims still take Islam seriously and call for punishment for
blasphemy, I don't find this difficult at all to understand coming from a
Roman Catholic background.

So this is right up there with the crusades, and the Spanish inquisition?
Haven't the Muslims proressed beyond a centuries-old philosophy of
barbarism?

"Kinon O'cann" Yes.it's.me.Bowser wrote in message

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
The biggest problem with Islam is that....

The armchair experts conclude...

This thread is a joke, how many of you people actually know any

practising
Muslims ? none I'd bet, go back to sleep lads.

I work with several. All fully support the protests, and claim that
sometimes you have to go to extremes. A few of the Muslims I've worked

with
also support the death sentence handed to Rushdie for his book.

With that little formality out of the way, can you explain why the
Muslims
are so quick to resort to violence? Why did they pass a death sentence on
Rushdie? Why do they protest a stupid cartoon in such a violent manner?

Can
you explain this?

wrote in message
ps.com...
The biggest problem with Islam is that, unlike in the West, there was
never any central authority, no 'pope'. With the rise of
protestantism,
the rebellion against the papacy and the assetion of the hegemony by
Henry VIII, and the attacks on religion by David Hume, the church was
no longer looked upon as absolute. When the black death wiped out half
of Europe, the clergy not excepted, the ability of clergy to protect
against evils became suspect. Atheism became a much more reasonable
position...

Matt Clara wrote:
"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
From the Mercury News:

"BEIRUT, Lebanon - A Muslim protest over caricatures of the

Prophet
Muhammad turned into a rampage that injured at least 30 people in
Beirut
on Sunday, as outrage over the drawings spread across continents

and
widened the rift between Islam and the West."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...d/13799947.htm

Hmmm. Folks portrayed as violent fanatics protest by acting like
violent
fanatics. As Alanis Morrisette would say, "Isn't It Ironic?"

I'm going to hate myself, but it seems that the main problem
facing
Islam
is Islam. Their solution to everything that they don't like is to
kill.
Someone writes a book they don't like? Kill the author. A cartoon?
Kill
the Danes. Did the Catholics protest when Maplethorp showed his

work
called "**** Christ?" Yes. Did they kill, or threaten to kill? No.
Why
is
Islam so violent?

Off topic but WTF.

Doug

They missed out on the Enlightenment.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old February 6th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"William Graham" wrote in message

Yes, he is, but he is completely removed from this thread.

What!? - You mean you can't figure out a way to blame Bush for this? -
Come on, guys, what happened to your imaginations?

William, even though we've bantered before, I usually enjoy your special
line of sarcasm. Just for you, I'll find a way to blame Bush. God knows he's
already got a full plate of blame, but I'll work on it.

People learn to do what their parents did. And "the people" learn to do
what their governments did. For a thousand generations the Arab countries
have lived under murderous governments whose answer to anything and anyone
who disagreed with them was to kill them. Now, that is their way of life.

Tend to agree, sadly.

Old February 6th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

So this is right up there with the crusades, and the Spanish inquisition?
Haven't the Muslims proressed beyond a centuries-old philosophy of
barbarism?

Was it not Bush who called on Christendom to join him on a "new crusade"
after 9/11 ?

Matt Clara wrote:
"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

From the Mercury News: