Pentax Spotmatic - New Lease on Life

Old December 31st 04, 05:44 PM
ArcAxis

Default Pentax Spotmatic - New Lease on Life

After a long time in storage basically for lack of the old PX400 mercury
batteries and an unwillingness to go to the short life zinc air replacements, I
found a website (sorry I'm not on a computer that presently has the link) that
recommended the E387S or 387S silver oxide which is a perfect fit. It's 1.5v
(vs 1.3v the mercury was), but as the website stated the Pentax uses a bridge
circuit in the metering, so the slightly higher voltage doesn't make a
difference. The battery can be ordered from Radio Shack (the store doesn't
stock it) or if you have an Interstate Battery store nearby they carry it for
$2.99.

I had delved into the Canon EOS series a few years ago and although the Canon's
take great pictures with auto everything if prefered, somehow nothing beats the
old Pentax's for feeling like a real camera.

"You can't just turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again."

Remove "junkbloc" from address to respond by e-mail
Old December 31st 04, 05:48 PM
Tony

And feeling is much more important than pictures. Some people call
themselves photographers but they are really just guys who masterbate with
machines.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Old December 31st 04, 11:33 PM
Bob Hickey

"ArcAxis" wrote in message
[...]

Ace Hardware carries a tournament selection of "O" rings. One fits
a regular Silver oxide LR44. Last forever like the old ones.
Bob Hickey

Old January 4th 05, 05:37 PM
ChrisPlatt

Eric Hendrickson has repaired Nikon, Canon, Ricoh and
Pentax cameras for me, including a couple of old Spotmatics.

He specializes in Pentax, for whom he worked for 15 years.

His work is excellent, with quick turnaround, at very reasonable rates.
If you need a repair, I recommend him highly...

Email

Excelsior, you fatheads!
-Chris-