Need advice for an on-line printing service

Old November 29th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bõwser

Default Need advice for an on-line printing service

I've shot hundreds of photos of HS football this year, and would like to
post them somewhere so the parents can view and order prints, if they want.
Also, if there's some way I can make a little money off the sales, that
would be good. What site is best for this use?

Old November 29th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

BÔwser wrote:
I've shot hundreds of photos of HS football this year, and would like to
post them somewhere so the parents can view and order prints, if they want.
Also, if there's some way I can make a little money off the sales, that
would be good. What site is best for this use?

"Best" is highly subjective. There are free sites like flikr.com
which treat people like wallets and which I find to be a pain, and
there are pay sites like smugmug.com which treat you like a client
and which I use.

Browse.

--
Ray Fischer

Old November 29th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bõwser

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
BÔwser wrote:
I've shot hundreds of photos of HS football this year, and would like to
post them somewhere so the parents can view and order prints, if they
want.
Also, if there's some way I can make a little money off the sales, that
would be good. What site is best for this use?

"Best" is highly subjective. There are free sites like flikr.com
which treat people like wallets and which I find to be a pain, and
there are pay sites like smugmug.com which treat you like a client
and which I use.

Browse.

I have been, but you can only spend so much time poking around, and was
hoping that there was a better solution out there. I do appreciate the
heads-up on smugmug, though, and will take a long look.

Old November 30th 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Ray Fischer wrote:
BÔwser wrote:
I've shot hundreds of photos of HS football this year, and would like to
post them somewhere so the parents can view and order prints, if they want.
Also, if there's some way I can make a little money off the sales, that
would be good. What site is best for this use?

"Best" is highly subjective. There are free sites like flikr.com
which treat people like wallets and which I find to be a pain, and
there are pay sites like smugmug.com which treat you like a client
and which I use.

Browse.

Can you get prints from flikr? I've used them but had trouble with their
site (including how to get prints). For a limited number of friends
Yorkphoto is ok, but you need to specify an email address for each
potential recipient. Good for sharing family photos for both viewing and
printing.
Dave Cohen
Old November 30th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke

Dave Cohen wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
BÔwser wrote:
I've shot hundreds of photos of HS football this year, and would
like to post them somewhere so the parents can view and order
prints, if they want. Also, if there's some way I can make a
little
money off the sales, that would be good. What site is best for
this
use?

"Best" is highly subjective. There are free sites like flikr.com
which treat people like wallets and which I find to be a pain, and
there are pay sites like smugmug.com which treat you like a client
and which I use.

Browse.

Can you get prints from flikr?

Do you mean flickr? If so, yes, you can.

I've used them but had trouble with
their site (including how to get prints). For a limited number of
friends Yorkphoto is ok, but you need to specify an email address
for
each potential recipient. Good for sharing family photos for both
viewing and printing.
Dave Cohen

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old November 30th 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank ess

Dave Cohen wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
BÔwser wrote:
[...]

I have/am using FotoTime.com. There is a function whereby you give
access to an album/albums and viewers can choose images and order
prints. You set the price and can be paid the difference between that
and the cost to you.

Ordinary FotoTime offers viewers the opportunity ("SHOP") to order
prints at reasonable prices.

Here's a set I had good response to:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/CA16945988851BA

--