I love my FTb QL - Buy one NOW!!!!

Old April 27th 04, 11:16 PM
Fire Ball

Default I love my FTb QL - Buy one NOW!!!!

Forget the new generation of 3000000 segment metering SLRs. Go back to
basics and think for yourselves!!!!

£100 for the freedom given to our fathers!!!!

FireBall

I bought mine from www.ffordes.co.uk!! Best decision I ever took!

Old April 28th 04, 08:58 AM
moda

Forget the new generation of 3000000 segment metering SLRs. Go back to
basics and think for yourselves!!!!

I normally shoot a full-automatic canon, but more and more the automatic
functions are left off. I shoot with a handheld incident meter for portraits
inside and outside and cam on full manual. I can fully understand your
point. Even though you have a full-automatic set it to manual focus and
exposure and experiment. My former photo-teacher made us use our cams in
that way to learn the basics. And now I never shoot anything more auto than
aperture priority or shutter priority with careful metering. The meter in my
EOS 7 is very nice with spot, matrix and centreweighted modes.

£100 for the freedom given to our fathers!!!!

Very nice price for a well-functioning camera. And lenses are cheap too for
the FD-bayonet.

Old April 28th 04, 09:53 AM
wkg

£100 for the freedom given to our fathers!!!!

Very nice price for a well-functioning camera. And lenses are cheap too

for
the FD-bayonet.

Hmmmm ... FD 85/1.8 is about 200 $ in excellent condition, the EF 85/1.8 is
320 in bhphotovideo. I can not see a very big difference. But - of course
the FD lenses are much better built and can work longer than plastic EF-s.

wkg

Old April 28th 04, 11:15 AM
moda

Hmmmm ... FD 85/1.8 is about 200 $ in excellent condition, the EF 85/1.8
is
320 in bhphotovideo. I can not see a very big difference. But - of course
the FD lenses are much better built and can work longer than plastic EF-s.

The plasitc EF 85/1.8 is great. i use it in my studio. I will not let it
taste the use in field work.