Pentacon 6 TL wind-on lever

Old June 13th 04, 07:12 AM
RolandRB

Default Pentacon 6 TL wind-on lever

I have been reading German e-bay and see reference to a way you have
got to wind on the Pentacon 6 TL that is mentioned in the
instructions. Presumably so that it winds on the correct amount (I
gather this is a known fault with the camera). Does anyone here know
this secret (and can communicate it in English)? Is it just saying
that you shhould not allow the wind-on lever to snap back? Is that all
there is to it? Ralf? Please?

Comment in the item description in German:

(Bedienungsanleitung beachten, Transporthebel nicht zurückschnellen
lassen. Wenn Sie die Six nicht kennen lege ich Ihnen auf Wusch einen
Ausdruck der Bedienungsanleitung bei)

Babelfish translation:

(, do not leave transportation levers consider operating instructions
not to snap back. If you the Six to know I do not put to you on washed
an expression of the operating instructions with)
Old June 13th 04, 07:45 AM
Roman J. Rohleder

(RolandRB) schrieb:

[How to deal with the P6 transport lever)

gather this is a known fault with the camera).

It is - even I know about it and I own no Pentacon. ;-)

No, when buying the Zodiak 3,5/30 for my Kiev88Six the seller handed
me a Pentacon out to check the lens with. Before I even could touch
the lever he noted "never let it snap back without slowing it down
with your finger".

Does anyone here know
this secret (and can communicate it in English)? Is it just saying
that you shhould not allow the wind-on lever to snap back? Is that all
there is to it?

Yes, thats what the quote you posted says:

(Bedienungsanleitung beachten, Transporthebel nicht zurückschnellen
lassen. Wenn Sie die Six nicht kennen lege ich Ihnen auf Wusch einen
Ausdruck der Bedienungsanleitung bei)

"Follow the instructions, don´t let the transport lever snap back. In
case you aren´t accustomed/experienced in working with the ´Six, I may
add a copy of the manual/instructions on request.

Babelfish translation:

(, do not leave transportation levers consider operating instructions
not to snap back. If you the Six to know I do not put to you on washed
an expression of the operating instructions with)

Automatic translations still have a loooong way to go.
Gruss, Roman
--
"A man should always keep two things in mind:
one is that he is a fool; the other is that he is going to die."
Old June 13th 04, 10:14 PM

"Never let it snap back" is a rule, not a method. The method is to hold
down the shutter button until you start winding the next frame. That is
don't release it before beginning the process of winding the film.
Evidently most of these transports are "broken" internally and doing this
little trick forces the camera to make the correct advance even if all of
the internals aren't moving correctly. I believe Stacey actually has a
fuller explanation. By the way, I believe foto Bauer will put a "window"
on the top of the camera for a frame indicator that lets you know when
you've properly advanced the film. I have a Praktisix and he told me that
he wasn't sure if this retro-fit would work on a Praktisix.

Old June 14th 04, 03:37 AM
Stacey

Andrew Price wrote:

The winding technique you are thinking of, to avoid the spacing
problems which plague some P-6s, was published by Baier Fototechnik
he

http://www.baierfoto.de/Transport.html

Stacey has a good summary in English on her site he

http://www.geocities.com/kievgurl/pentaconfix.html

Beat me too it. :-)

I have one P-6 that wound as you would a normal camera has -severe- frame
overlapping, wound as described above works perfect. I always wind P-6's
this way as it doesn't allow the defectively designed parts to ever come
into play to surprize me when they decide not to work right.
--

Stacey