Using Photoshop To Get The Best Out Of RAW Images

Old August 21st 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jack

Default Using Photoshop To Get The Best Out Of RAW Images

I have quite a few RAW images on my PC, however I haven't learnt how to get
the best out of them when converting them yet.

Any recommendations on good Photoshop books (focusing more on the
photography side of things) for learning how to mainly get the best out of
photos with Photoshop?

I am not too worried about doctoring photos in a big way, I am mainly
interested in just getting the max out of RAW photos at the moment, such as
optimising colour balance, sharpening, saturation, dodging/burning, etc.

Cheers

Old August 21st 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Jack
wrote:

I have quite a few RAW images on my PC, however I haven't learnt how to get
the best out of them when converting them yet.

Any recommendations on good Photoshop books (focusing more on the
photography side of things) for learning how to mainly get the best out of
photos with Photoshop?

I am not too worried about doctoring photos in a big way, I am mainly
interested in just getting the max out of RAW photos at the moment, such as
optimising colour balance, sharpening, saturation, dodging/burning, etc.

real world camera raw, bruce fraser

http://www.peachpit.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0321334094&rl=1
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/rw-cr.shtml
Old August 21st 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jack

Cheers guys. Both reply's sound excellent.

I narrowed it down to 'Real World Camera RAW' by Bruce Fraser when I was
browsing Amazon. So, you confirmed the choice.

Also, Ben Willmore has an excellent reputation as a Photoshop author. An
author who actually makes the book a good read as opposed to a boring 'click
here, do that' style of book. He never used to specialize in photography
alone, however it seems that he is now doing so. I will check out his later
stuff.

"Ed Velez" wrote in message
DITTO...this is the bible of RAW processing.

If you want to go the video route, Check out "Mastering Camera Raw" by Ben
Wilmore

Old August 21st 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
no_name

http://www.photoshopforphotographers...cs2/index2.htm

--

These are my views. If you've got a problem with it, you can blame it on
me, but this is what I think. I am not the official spokes-person for

John