mounting Epson r1800 prints

Old March 16th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default mounting Epson r1800 prints

Any good online sources of ready-made mounts for 8.5 x 11 and 13x19 prints?

Thanks.

Old March 16th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Donald Specker wrote:
Any good online sources of ready-made mounts for 8.5 x 11 and 13x19 prints?

Yeah:
http://www.framedestination.com/product171.html
I'm about to order some of these. It seems a classic narrow black wood
frame (bigger than metal though) with generous white matt. I mocked up
this and other dimensions & this one looks best IMO:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php...ography/prints
Everything seems good archival quality, not sure about acrylic vs glass,
maybe if not chosing the UV filtered... might as well not even use glass
or acrylic? $46.60/kit add $10.45 for UV or anti-glare. If using matte
paper I wonder how much of that quality is lost covering in glass? I
guess the other reason for covering is to keep ozone & such off the
paper for archival reasons.

I'd like to know if there is something better.
Old March 17th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

In article ,
Paul Furman wrote:

Donald Specker wrote:
Any good online sources of ready-made mounts for 8.5 x 11 and 13x19 prints?

Yeah:
http://www.framedestination.com/product171.html
I'm about to order some of these. ..
I'd like to know if there is something better.

I'm not familiar with that vendor, but I've been pretty happy with the
custom mat I had made by Light Impressions,
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/. They do pre-cut mats in common
sizes,
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.co...ng?Dsp=10000&P
CR=30000:230000:236000, and have frame kits,
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.co...ng?Dsp=10000&P
CR=30000:240000:243000. Look at the "TwoStep" frame kits for 8.5x11 and
13x19 (they include mats).

Drew

--
Drew W. Saunders

dru (at) stanford (dot) eee dee you
Old March 17th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Drew Saunders wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
Donald Specker wrote:

Any good online sources of ready-made mounts for 8.5 x 11 and 13x19 prints?

Yeah:
http://www.framedestination.com/product171.html
I'm about to order some of these. ..
I'd like to know if there is something better.

I'm not familiar with that vendor, but I've been pretty happy with the
custom mat I had made by Light Impressions,
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/. They do pre-cut mats in common
sizes,
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/servlet/OnlineShopping?Dsp=10000&PCR=30000:230000:236000, and have frame kits,
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/servlet/OnlineShopping?Dsp=10000&PCR=30000:240000:243000. Look at the "TwoStep" frame kits for 8.5x11 and
13x19 (they include mats).

The two-step looks like $56 before frame but yeah it's a little bigger
22 x 28 lightimpressionsdirect
20 x 26 framedestination

It looks like you need a custom cut frame and that's another $32
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/servlet/OnlineShopping?DSP=51000&PCR=30000:240000:242000:2 42100&IID=STYLEW277

but they also seem to have volume discount for some things...
Old March 17th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Light Impressions ... $$$

http://www.documounts.com/ may be more reasonably priced.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com
Old March 17th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

Light Impressions ... $$$

http://www.documounts.com/ may be more reasonably priced.

$11 22" pair
$14 28" pair
10% discount when you order 12 or more identical
$6.20 24x32 archival mounting board
$26 4-ply matt (22x28 not indicated available)
$15 glare free plexiglass (not acrylic?)
$72 full kit

Paul Furman wrote:

Old March 17th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Donald Specker" wrote in message
newsxgSf.4249$Vb.487@trndny01...
Any good online sources of ready-made mounts for 8.5 x 11 and 13x19
prints?

documounts.com used to be good, might
still be but I haven't used them for a while.

framesbymail.com works as well. They have
a good set of standard sizes, but if you dig a
bit deeper you can design you own frame + mat +
glazing for any frame size, any mat size, any
print size.

Don't forget the big-box crafts stores, eg.
AC Moore for great bargains on standard-
sized frames.

Get a Logan Compact mat cutter ($100)
and you can cut your own mats without too
much trouble.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old March 19th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

rafe b wrote:

"Donald Specker" wrote in message
newsxgSf.4249$Vb.487@trndny01...

Any good online sources of ready-made mounts for 8.5 x 11 and 13x19
prints?

documounts.com used to be good, might
still be but I haven't used them for a while.

Hmm, odd enough they don't have a simple wood frame in black.

framesbymail.com works as well. They have
a good set of standard sizes, but if you dig a
bit deeper you can design you own frame + mat +
glazing for any frame size, any mat size, any
print size.

http://www.framesbymail.com/custom/2..._Plain/1/9/c/#
$ 22.50 - 22 x 28 frame 1" black wood (larger size)
$21 conservation mat (maybe fancier than others)
$9.90 acid free foam core backing
$21.78 plexiglass
$82.50

I think I'm going to go with
http://www.framedestination.com/product171.html
eveything looks to be top quality & the kit comes in the right size with
hanging hardware, etc. for $46.60

Don't forget the big-box crafts stores, eg.
AC Moore for great bargains on standard-
sized frames.

Flax is the only one I know nearby & they don't have 13x19

Get a Logan Compact mat cutter ($100)
and you can cut your own mats without too
much trouble.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&kw=LO301S&is=REG&Q=&O=productlist&s ku=32122
32" should be good enough for most anything. That would be nice to do
custom sizes & I guess it's not necessary to frame, just a matt, or
double matt could be nice.

--

Paul Furman wrote:

Old March 19th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Paul Furman" wrote
http://www.framesbymail.com/custom/2..._Plain/1/9/c/#
$82.50
http://www.framedestination.com/product171.html
$46.60
http://www.documounts.com/
$72 full kit

Thanks, it is nice to get a comparison like this.

Old March 19th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Note that the cheap one is a bit smaller dimension.

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

http://www.framesbymail.com/custom/2..._Plain/1/9/c/#
$83 - 22x28

http://www.framedestination.com/product171.html
$47 - 20x26

http://www.documounts.com/
$72 - 22x28

Thanks, it is nice to get a comparison like this.

approx 1-1/4" black wood frame
archival foam core backer board
*4-ply matt (not 8-ply) solid white archival
*std. arylic/plexi glazing, no anti-glare or uv protection

*I'm not positive the specs match on these with "*"