How about Konica Minolta Scan Dual IV ?

Old March 15th 05, 01:06 AM
narke

Default How about Konica Minolta Scan Dual IV ?

I am considering buy a Scan Dual IV. Is there any review on the net?
I heard it use multi-sample to reduce noise, how about this function?
4.8 Dmax is great, 3200 dpi is good for me, the only problem left, I
think, may be the noise. Does anyone has some experiences? Will or not
the multi-sample reduce the overall image quality?

Thanks for any comments.

-
narke

Old March 15th 05, 03:00 AM
Slingblade

On 14 Mar 2005 17:06:43 -0800, "narke" wrote:

I am considering buy a Scan Dual IV. Is there any review on the net?
I heard it use multi-sample to reduce noise, how about this function?
4.8 Dmax is great, 3200 dpi is good for me, the only problem left, I
think, may be the noise. Does anyone has some experiences? Will or not
the multi-sample reduce the overall image quality?

Thanks for any comments.
-
narke

Well, I just bought this very scanner, but I'm new to scanning slides
and film, so I'm not yet qualified to give a review. I have
discovered that I should have stored my old slides in better
conditions though...this scanner has revealed a lot of defects caused
by aging, heat and moisture, and I'm sure a variety of other bad
things that happen to film.

The scanner is very easy to use though. I have only used the Easy and
Batch scanning utilities so far...I figure after I get to know it
some, I'll venture into the more creative features.
Old March 15th 05, 05:03 AM
Alan Browne

narke wrote:
I am considering buy a Scan Dual IV. Is there any review on the net?
I heard it use multi-sample to reduce noise, how about this function?
4.8 Dmax is great, 3200 dpi is good for me, the only problem left, I
think, may be the noise. Does anyone has some experiences? Will or not
the multi-sample reduce the overall image quality?

Multi sample will help slightly up to about 4 passes.

I recommend that you take your questions to: news:comp.periphs.scanners

Cheers,
Alan