Super moontonight

Old June 23rd 13, 01:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
peternew[_2_]

Default Super moontonight

Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than
other times.

http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html

--
PeterN
Old June 23rd 13, 04:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
gregz

peternew wrote:
Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than other times.

http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html

It was probably about the same last night when I had a clear sky.

Greg
Old June 23rd 13, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Paul in Houston TX

peternew wrote:
Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than
other times.

http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html

I went out and looked. Can't tell if it appears bigger or
not but it's definitely brighter.
It lights up my back yard good and was able to get decent
photos of the yard at 10 seconds and f6.3. I forgot what I
set the other parameters at. Can't get a decent photo of
the moon itself because my little point and shoot cannot focus
on it and I did not feel like fighting off the mosquitoes to
find an alternate focus point.
Old June 23rd 13, 12:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
rwalker

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 03:38:52 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

peternew wrote:
Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than other times.

http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html

It was probably about the same last night when I had a clear sky.

Greg

I tried, but the clouds made it difficult.