5DIII and infrared

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 15th 13, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

Default 5DIII and infrared

On 7/15/2013 2:55 PM, rwalker wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:14:28 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 7/15/2013 1:30 AM, rwalker wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 00:36:00 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 7/14/2013 11:35 PM, rwalker wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:24:22 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 7/14/2013 3:56 AM, rwalker wrote:
As I mentioned elsewhere, I got a Canon 5DIII about two weeks ago. I
decided to see what kind of infrared sensitivity it had, so I got an
R72 filter and took a few shots. This was one of the better results.
10 seconds, F4, ISO 100.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5164668...1330/lightbox/

Something is missing. Infrared is supposed to have quite a different
look. You must have done something in post.

http://peternewman.smugmug.com/Photography/Landscapes/21271534_mw4B9R#!i=1730614889&k=WGpJLmN&lb=1&s=A

Yes, I agree, I looked at your link and that's what I think IR should
look like.

If you care to send me the original I will be happy to look at it.

Sure. Send me an e-mail at r*w*a*l*k*e*r*@*y*a*h*o*o*.*c*o*m Remove
the obvious.

Yahoo said you have no account.

My addy is real, just remove the "nospam"
Going shooting today, so I will lok at it later.

Strange it would say that. At any rate, I think the problem is my 77
mm. IR filter. I've ordered a new one. Watch for another post here
in a moment and I'll show you what I mean.

Could be. Check this link, for an interesting discussion about IR filters.

http://www.adorama.com/alc/0008471/article/100-in-100-Part-II-Infrared-filter-guide

And this link for some examples.
In alt.photography, Tony Cooper & I were discussing her.
http://www.deborahsandidge.com/Photography/Infrared/20932680_GkSFqm#!i=1666435305&k=ZSvRL4q

--
PeterN