[SI] - Shoot-In - Mandate - Tie-in

Old May 2nd 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

Default [SI] - Shoot-In - Mandate - Tie-in

Subject and Background Tie-in.

Some way they relate in an interesting manner like a shape is repeated or
contrasted, a soft OOF background's forms emphasize a characteristic of the
subject... more than just the obvious like a cow in a field, something more
intentional.

Due June 6, 2008

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/tiein

Why does this keep happening?
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

Old May 2nd 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

Default - Shoot-In - Mandate - Tie-in

"Annika1980" wrote in message
On May 2, 9:57 am, "jimkramer"
wrote:
Subject and Background Tie-in.

I think "Tie-Up" might have produced some interesting images.

No, that's out of bounds. :-)
-Jim

Old July 17th 08, 04:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

jimkramer wrote:
Subject and Background Tie-in.

Some way they relate in an interesting manner like a shape is repeated or
contrasted, a soft OOF background's forms emphasize a characteristic of the
subject... more than just the obvious like a cow in a field, something more
intentional.

Due June 6, 2008

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/tiein

Why does this keep happening?
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

I got an interesting shot today for the tie-in mandate (for last month):
http://edgehill.net/California/Bay-A...mission/pg1pc2
Alright maybe it's not the most breathtaking image but it's a reasonable
composition... and pretty clever I thought :-) Partly luck of course, I
just noticed the cop car's colors matched the building, when I got home
I realized the two were really speaking the same language.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old July 17th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

jimkramer wrote:

Why does this keep happening?
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

So, is the shoot-in dead?
No suggestions for the next mandate?

(last month)

Old July 17th 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
jimkramer wrote:

Why does this keep happening?
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

So, is the shoot-in dead?
No suggestions for the next mandate?

(last month)

It is dead. No more attempts at a resuscitation will be made by me.
-Jim

Old July 17th 08, 03:14 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jufí

Default (RIP) [SI] - Shoot-In - Mandate - Tie-in

"Rita Berkowitz" wrote in message
jimkramer wrote:

So, is the shoot-in dead?
No suggestions for the next mandate?

It is dead. No more attempts at a resuscitation will be made by me.

Cool! I predicted its demise before it started. Your biggest mistake,
Jim, was to expect to find photographers on Usenet. Only thing you will
find in these "photography" groups are trolls and malcontents that love to
instigate trouble. This is why I started the Usenet Stimulus Project and
why it has become so successful in thinning out the herd of idiots and
fools. Now the noise level has dropped drastically. If you want SI to be
successful you need to take it to a photography group.

We'd all love to see anything of substance produced by your "stimulus"
project. It, like anything else your fat ass touches is useless. Geez, talk
about the pot calling the kettle black...

BTW, you can help this group: go away. And take your multiple area-code ass
with you.

Old July 17th 08, 03:22 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
jimkramer wrote:

So, is the shoot-in dead?
No suggestions for the next mandate?

It is dead. No more attempts at a resuscitation will be made by me.

Cool! I predicted its demise before it started. Your biggest mistake,
Jim, was to expect to find photographers on Usenet. Only thing you will
find in these "photography" groups are trolls and malcontents that love
to instigate trouble.

100 on the irony meter.

--
lsmft
Old July 17th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

jimkramer wrote:
Paul Furman wrote
jimkramer wrote:
Why does this keep happening?
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

So, is the shoot-in dead?
No suggestions for the next mandate?

(last month)

It is dead. No more attempts at a resuscitation will be made by me.

Well thanks for giving it a go Jim.
I had fun with it.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old July 17th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Jufí

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
. ..

jimkramer wrote:

[...]

Please don't tell him to go away; it only encourages him!

I promise, no more replies to Reata Barkofatz. I killfiled it, whatever it
is.

Old July 18th 08, 03:34 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ray Fischer

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Only thing you will find in
these "photography" groups are trolls and malcontents that love to instigate
trouble.

People like you.

--
Ray Fischer