Not happy with Dpreview

Old July 25th 08, 08:20 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Focus[_2_]

Default Not happy with Dpreview

Someone is not happy with DPreview's Canon 1000D review:

http://dpreviewed.com/

Old July 25th 08, 10:10 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
TRoss

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:20:39 +0100, "Focus" wrote:

Someone is not happy with DPreview's Canon 1000D review:

http://dpreviewed.com/

The only nit I have to pick with the review is the Value rating. B&H
and Adorama are selling the XS/100D for pretty much the same price as
the XSi/450D - I suspect that's what the reviewer had in mind when he
wrote that it is "a difficult camera to judge while its price still
hasn't adjusted to a realistic market level."

TR
Old July 25th 08, 11:00 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
2SQUID

Focus wrote:
Someone is not happy with DPreview's Canon 1000D review:

http://dpreviewed.com/

It's not just "someone". It has long been know DPreview rely on Canon
for their very existence. Giving out favourable reviews of Canon's
shocking performance. Conveniently not mentioning the disgusting
behaviour of first the 20D then 30D and now 40D cameras in backlit
situations but highlighting irrelevant "faults" with other brand cameras
that make really exceptional images under those conditions. Trying to
make them look somehow inferior to Canon.

Now that Nikon have

Sort of like The Wilhelm Imaging Institute. They rely 100% on three
printer makers; HP, Canon and Epson for their existence and provide
nothing short of totally false longevity predictions for whatever these
printer makers need.

I can imagine it now:

(CANON) "Hey guys, we need a good review so we can dump this **** load
of reject parts we used to build a really suspect camera with. Times are
tough now that Nikon make our DSLRs look like toys"

(DPREVIEW) "No worries, that BMW you 'loaned' me a few years ago when I
did the 10D review is getting a little tatty now, How come you haven't
replaced it?"

(CANON) "We don't do business with BMW since those gorgeous photos of
their new releases showed a photographer holding a Nikon of all things.
How about an Audi? They at least let us have a camera in the scenes". LOL.
Old July 26th 08, 12:15 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"PixelPix" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 5:20 am, "Focus" wrote:
Someone is not happy with DPreview's Canon 1000D review:

http://dpreviewed.com/

Life is too short for **** like that... People should just pick up a
camera (any camera of "personal choice") and go take pictures with the
sucker.
Damn it PixelPix! If you go around talking sense, as you did here, you
will be upsetting a lot of nit picking parasites.

Old July 26th 08, 12:45 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charles[_2_]

"Frank Arthur" wrote in message

"PixelPix" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 5:20 am, "Focus" wrote:
Someone is not happy with DPreview's Canon 1000D review:

http://dpreviewed.com/

Life is too short for **** like that... People should just pick up a
camera (any camera of "personal choice") and go take pictures with the
sucker.

Yes, it is finally down to that point ... just buy one and learn how to use
it (please read the manual) and spend very little time on the forums (they
are known to lead to an incurable form of insanity called brand zeal).

Old July 26th 08, 03:04 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"PixelPix" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 9:15 am, "Frank Arthur" wrote:
"PixelPix" wrote in message

On Jul 26, 5:20 am, "Focus" wrote:

Someone is not happy with DPreview's Canon 1000D review:

http://dpreviewed.com/

Life is too short for **** like that... People should just pick up a
camera (any camera of "personal choice") and go take pictures with the
sucker.
Damn it PixelPix! If you go around talking sense, as you did here, you
will be upsetting a lot of nit picking parasites.

Ooops! :-( Sorry, I forgot where I was for a minute. lol

Now, Rusty, we all know that there's a down-to-earth, common sense
photographer deep down inside you, somewhere....

Dudley

Old July 26th 08, 05:44 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Doug Jewell[_3_]

2SQUID wrote:
Focus wrote:
Someone is not happy with DPreview's Canon 1000D review:

http://dpreviewed.com/

It's not just "someone". It has long been know DPreview rely on Canon
for their very existence. Giving out favourable reviews of Canon's
shocking performance. Conveniently not mentioning the disgusting
behaviour of first the 20D then 30D and now 40D cameras in backlit
situations but highlighting irrelevant "faults" with other brand cameras
that make really exceptional images under those conditions. Trying to
make them look somehow inferior to Canon.

Hold the phone - I half agree with D-Mac. While I don't
think Canon are half as bad as you are making them out to
be, I have definitely noticed the dpreview bias. I can't
remember which camera it was now, but one I saw they had
side-by-side shots with a Canon, the Canon looked slightly
worse (but not much in it), and the reviewer said that the
other camera was significantly behind the Canon.

Now that Nikon have

Sort of like The Wilhelm Imaging Institute. They rely 100% on three
printer makers; HP, Canon and Epson for their existence and provide
nothing short of totally false longevity predictions for whatever these
printer makers need.

Can't say I've noticed any real problems with the wilhelm
institute. I don't know if the claims of 100+ year
lightfastness are accurate, but I do know that any 3rd party
inks I've used have been pathetic for print performance
(noticeable fading within months), whereas I have prints
with genuine Epson inks that have lasted years without
noticeable fading.

I can imagine it now:

(CANON) "Hey guys, we need a good review so we can dump this **** load
of reject parts we used to build a really suspect camera with. Times are
tough now that Nikon make our DSLRs look like toys"

(DPREVIEW) "No worries, that BMW you 'loaned' me a few years ago when I
did the 10D review is getting a little tatty now, How come you haven't
replaced it?"

(CANON) "We don't do business with BMW since those gorgeous photos of
their new releases showed a photographer holding a Nikon of all things.
How about an Audi? They at least let us have a camera in the scenes". LOL.

Dunno that the stakes would be as high as a BMW, but you
probably aren't far from the truth.
Old July 26th 08, 08:00 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

2SQUID wrote:
Focus wrote:
Someone is not happy with DPreview's Canon 1000D review:

http://dpreviewed.com/

It's not just "someone". It has long been know DPreview rely on Canon
for their very existence.

You "know" many things which are not true, it seems.

--
Ray Fischer

Old July 26th 08, 05:23 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Focus[_2_]

"IK" wrote in message
Hmm, obviously you have failed to notice the fact that DPReview has
not review the last two professional Canon cameras released...if they
are so "pro" Canon why haven't they been shilling the lemon Mark III?

One has focus problems, the other isn't horizontal in liveview; even DPR can
not lie there way about that ;-)

Hmm? I thought so.

Good, at least you thought..

:) Happy New Year :) [email protected] Digital Photography 0 December 26th 07 02:08 PM
To be happy السعادة Digital Photography 3 February 28th 07 03:19 AM
Happy New Year [email protected] Digital Photography 4 December 31st 06 12:05 PM
Happy 4th ! John In The Darkroom 2 July 10th 06 07:46 AM
::: Happy Thanksgiving to All .::: Gregory Blank Digital SLR Cameras 0 November 22nd 05 05:08 AM